[Q] Insertcoin Issue

Search This thread

nonameguy321

Sep 22, 2014
Been a long time Venom user but recently decided to try Insertcoin due to unimpressive battery and overall phone slowdowns (none necessarily related to Venom).

I have noticed in the Kontrol, there are tweaks such as DPI, remove NFC logo, etc. They all request root access as they should, and when the restart is forced the settings absolutely refuse to save. I've tried a fresh install with both superuser and superSU, neither seems to make a difference.

What am I missing here?

---
Edit - side issue, the front camera has not worked for months either, with any rom. It doesn't even show up as selectable in apps. Physical damage?

Thanks

Last edited:

majmoz

Oct 18, 2010
Sonoita
Been a long time Venom user but recently decided to try Insertcoin due to unimpressive battery and overall phone slowdowns (none necessarily related to Venom).

I have noticed in the Kontrol, there are tweaks such as DPI, remove NFC logo, etc. They all request root access as they should, and when the restart is forced the settings absolutely refuse to save. I've tried a fresh install with both superuser and superSU, neither seems to make a difference.

What am I missing here?

---
Edit - side issue, the front camera has not worked for months either, with any rom. It doesn't even show up as selectable in apps. Physical damage?

Thanks
Ensure you have the latest custom recovery and SuperSU; then perform a full wipe then re-install the rom. If that didn't work you might have to re-flash your stock firmware then flash your custom recovery and SuperSU.

nonameguy321

Sep 22, 2014

Ensure you have the latest custom recovery and SuperSU; then perform a full wipe then re-install the rom. If that didn't work you might have to re-flash your stock firmware then flash your custom recovery and SuperSU.

Everything is indeed up to date.

Why do you think going back to stock would help with the issue(s) I described?

nonameguy321

Sep 22, 2014

Oftentimes that is the only way to clear out residual data. The other thing you could try is to go back to other rom and see if it is corrected.

Maybe I should have left out the part of the front facing camera not working.. or created that as a separate topic.

The one that I'm really having issue with is the Insertcoin Konfig settings not actually applying themselves.. tweaks on other ROMs worked without a problem..