Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,393 Members 53,698 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Internal Storage Not Being Detected

Tip us?

GhostlyT
Old
(Last edited by GhostlyT; 8th July 2014 at 06:51 AM.) Reason: More information
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Internal Storage Not Being Detected

I tried flashing a bad rom and it soft rooted my phone, so I formatted everything (boot, system, cache, data, etc.).
I then installed Carbon Mod and GApps. It all worked like usual except for that Google Play Store kept on crashing.
I connected the phone to my PC, clicked on internal storage, and then tried creating a new folder. I then got an error that said "The device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected". I then tried the file manager on my phone, which gave me an error when I tried opening internal storage. Help!

EDIT:
I played with file manager a little trying to find a solution, and I found some hints. When I went into /storage/emulated, instead of finding a folder in there, I found a file that says legacy. In properties it says this file is Symlink type. Same with sdcard0. I tried deleting both of them and adding folders with the same name, but when I restarted the phone, the two items came back and the folders were nowhere to be found.

GhostlyT
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Bump

majmoz
Old
Thanks Meter 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostlyT View Post
I tried flashing a bad rom and it soft rooted my phone, so I formatted everything (boot, system, cache, data, etc.).
I then installed Carbon Mod and GApps. It all worked like usual except for that Google Play Store kept on crashing.
I connected the phone to my PC, clicked on internal storage, and then tried creating a new folder. I then got an error that said "The device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected". I then tried the file manager on my phone, which gave me an error when I tried opening internal storage. Help!

EDIT:
I played with file manager a little trying to find a solution, and I found some hints. When I went into /storage/emulated, instead of finding a folder in there, I found a file that says legacy. In properties it says this file is Symlink type. Same with sdcard0. I tried deleting both of them and adding folders with the same name, but when I restarted the phone, the two items came back and the folders were nowhere to be found.
Try returning to stock with either an RUU or a nandroid backup. It looks like your bad rom did a job on your partitions.

GhostlyT
Old
(Last edited by GhostlyT; 9th July 2014 at 08:15 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by majmoz View Post
Try returning to stock with either an RUU or a nandroid backup. It looks like your bad rom did a job on your partitions.
I searched up how to use an ruu, and I can't find one & also kinda confused. I'm going to sound like a lazy asshole, but can you find me one and give me the directions to it?
Code:
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.57.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: N/A
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 5.03.651.3
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader) serialno: FA34VS906720
(bootloader) imei: 990001469817209
(bootloader) meid: 99000146981720
(bootloader) product: m7_wls