Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,481 Members 53,801 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

KK 4.4.3 UPDATE & sense 6, camera gone awful.

Tip us?

Thepho3nix
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default KK 4.4.3 UPDATE & sense 6, camera gone awful.

Have you noticed since the sense 6 update our camera is a bit unstable with HDR video? Sometimes when touching to focus overexposes the scene, or downexposes it?
Even with HDR shots it seems like the software pushes the whites up, hdr looks washed out. And poor detail after each shot. I hope it's not just me.

Mickey Meyers
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepho3nix View Post
Have you noticed since the sense 6 update our camera is a bit unstable with HDR video? Sometimes when touching to focus overexposes the scene, or downexposes it?
Even with HDR shots it seems like the software pushes the whites up, hdr looks washed out. And poor detail after each shot. I hope it's not just me.
I had the same exact problem. The solution? I had to unroot, return to complete stock, and return my device to AT&T. It may be a problem if you're using a rom, and it might be just that rom, but mine wouldnt go away no matter what.

Thepho3nix
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey Meyers View Post
I had the same exact problem. The solution? I had to unroot, return to complete stock, and return my device to AT&T. It may be a problem if you're using a rom, and it might be just that rom, but mine wouldnt go away no matter what.
I bet its software related..
Before sense 6 everything was fine.
But after those "improvements" the camera api was s*** I wanna go back to 5.5 any rom you can suggest? Good battery life and rock stable? Greets

Mickey Meyers
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepho3nix View Post
I bet its software related..
Before sense 6 everything was fine.
But after those "improvements" the camera api was s*** I wanna go back to 5.5 any rom you can suggest? Good battery life and rock stable? Greets
I suggest Android Revolution HD, Maximus, or insertcoin. ViperOne offers great customization, but battery life really sucks on it.