Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,606 Members 47,298 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

M7 keep turning Off !!

Tip us?
 
farooq88
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 100
Join Date: Jul 2009
Default M7 keep turning Off !!

help me please i have a brand new Htc One M7 here and I can't fully charge it when it reach about 50% it keep turning off and if its plugged to wall charger It shows a battery with exclamation mark on red circle inside the battery , i just bought couple weeks ago and when i was charging it for the 1st to use it and suddenly it happened and the retailer refused to return this phone he says its not his problem and won't since he sold us as new phone and we don't have a Htc Agent or representer here in iraq.



P.S : i will upload a pic of the phone later

P.S 2 : i changed battery yet nothing change
 
donkeykong1
Old
#2  
donkeykong1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 351
Posts: 1,310
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sesvete, Zagreb
Quote:
Originally Posted by farooq88 View Post
help me please i have a brand new Htc One M7 here and I can't fully charge it when it reach about 50% it keep turning off and if its plugged to wall charger It shows a battery with exclamation mark on red circle inside the battery , i just bought couple weeks ago and when i was charging it for the 1st to use it and suddenly it happened and the retailer refused to return this phone he says its not his problem and won't since he sold us as new phone and we don't have a Htc Agent or representer here in iraq.



P.S : i will upload a pic of the phone later

P.S 2 : i changed battery yet nothing change
Obviously hardware problem. I don't understand your retailer. If he gave you warranty with the phone, he MUST replace your phone or send it to service acording to law. Or maybe your laws are different?
 
farooq88
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 100
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeykong1 View Post
Obviously hardware problem. I don't understand your retailer. If he gave you warranty with the phone, he MUST replace your phone or send it to service acording to law. Or maybe your laws are different?
unfortunately there is no warranty here here In iraq because the shops have imported this phone from dubai or somewhere else

and after Posting my problem here I updated my phone to 4.4.2 and sense 6 it seems partly is fixed now !! , now I can charge battery up to 68%
and when it reach 68% it doesn't turn off but i can't charge it 100% but it doesn't show that icon when is off


so any Idea why I can't charge it 100%
 
donkeykong1
Old
#4  
donkeykong1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 351
Posts: 1,310
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sesvete, Zagreb
Quote:
Originally Posted by farooq88 View Post
unfortunately there is no warranty here here In iraq because the shops have imported this phone from dubai or somewhere else

and after Posting my problem here I updated my phone to 4.4.2 and sense 6 it seems partly is fixed now !! , now I can charge battery up to 68%
and when it reach 68% it doesn't turn off but i can't charge it 100% but it doesn't show that icon when is off


so any Idea why I can't charge it 100%
Try this.
Turn your phone off, then press power + vol up + vol down and hold them for two minutes. That should reset battery or something
 
farooq88
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 100
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeykong1 View Post
Try this.
Turn your phone off, then press power + vol up + vol down and hold them for two minutes. That should reset battery or something
let me try it
 
farooq88
Old
#6  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 100
Join Date: Jul 2009
nothing changed same problem and it doesn't charge anymoer after doing what you suggest


and here is a pic of phone when its charging when its off
 
majmoz
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 65
Posts: 271
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sonoita, AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by farooq88 View Post
nothing changed same problem and it doesn't charge anymoer after doing what you suggest
Try the steps in this post and you should follow them to the letter. It may not work the first time but give it more than one try!
 
farooq88
Old
#8  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 100
Join Date: Jul 2009
thnx a lot i will do it tomorrow

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Play Your Hits and Learn the Lyrics with NextGen Music Player

There are plenty of music players for Android available in Play Store. They … more

Control Your Toast Notifications with SlicedToasts

Toasts are delicious, even in their Android flavor. In Android, toast doesn’t lead … more

Rotation Lets You Take Full Control of Your Device’s Orientation Settings

To be brutally honest, the native options for screen … more

Change the Alarm Icon in the Status Bar with Xposed

It’s hard to find a more hated object than your alarm clock. They wake us up nearly … more