M7's Broke...any Options?

Search This thread

Tyzing

Jun 8, 2010
I made the mistake of trying to replace my wifes cracked screen myself. I read all of the reviews and DIY's and knew it would be a beast but didnt anticipate what it actually was. I bought an entire new front housing hoping that would make it easier but it really didnt. I think I broke a couple of ribbons taking it apart because now that I put it back together nothing is working.

What options do I legitimately have or that are worth it. Insurance claim? Try to buy the new ribbons online and replace them to get it working again? I tried selling it as a brick on ebay but that didnt work. Or I just leave it in a drawer and use one of my upgrades on the account and consider it a lesson learned.

Any help/direction would be great guys...thanks!

Aug 2, 2010
i would say to buy new ribbons then try with them, if you think you broke or damaged the ones you have now.

but before , pay attention on those 90 degree clips... i think when you put the ribbons in the clips, you must push them just a bit inside, then close the clips. be carefull, don't tighten the screws hard, it might damage the screen.