Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,279 Members 52,402 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

M7's Broke...any Options?

Tip us?

Tyzing
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 216

DONATE TO ME
Unhappy M7's Broke...any Options?

I made the mistake of trying to replace my wifes cracked screen myself. I read all of the reviews and DIY's and knew it would be a beast but didnt anticipate what it actually was. I bought an entire new front housing hoping that would make it easier but it really didnt. I think I broke a couple of ribbons taking it apart because now that I put it back together nothing is working.

What options do I legitimately have or that are worth it. Insurance claim? Try to buy the new ribbons online and replace them to get it working again? I tried selling it as a brick on ebay but that didnt work. Or I just leave it in a drawer and use one of my upgrades on the account and consider it a lesson learned.

Any help/direction would be great guys...thanks!

bodom[prodigy]
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i would say to buy new ribbons then try with them, if you think you broke or damaged the ones you have now.

but before , pay attention on those 90 degree clips... i think when you put the ribbons in the clips, you must push them just a bit inside, then close the clips. be carefull, don't tighten the screws hard, it might damage the screen.