Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,145 Members 44,669 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

bricked, broke, something

Tip us?
 
jpwhre
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 207
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Tucson
Default bricked, broke, something

running RUU on rooted phone gives me failure to connect thru usb. fastboot oem lock relocked my device and RUU tells me i need to be above 30% to flash, and i'm at 70%

fastboot................unlock token fails
device starts at splash screen with red text and wont continue past
restoring last rom successful, but wont boot past red text
push rom to device fastboot flash zip rom.zip just hangs (i have done this many times in past, it will say failed, too big of file and then ends up working any way.
fastboot oem rebootRUU works, but stil wont flash RUU says battery is dead and it's not

tried usb 2.0 and 3.0 with no luck been running rom that is no longer suported and the updated version that worked best has been deleted from server, so i want to go back to stock. i've tried other roms and was not happy so i just want stock back.

current, relocked boot loader, still have TWRP recovery, s-off, custom firmware, and all that works even though i'm (again) relocked boot loader, and i can't unlock it says faild when trying to flash unlock token

Sprint
HTC One M7
DIRTY FLASHER
S-off
Rooted
 
majmoz
Old
#2  
majmoz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 169
Posts: 684
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sonoita
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwhre View Post
running RUU on rooted phone gives me failure to connect thru usb. fastboot oem lock relocked my device and RUU tells me i need to be above 30% to flash, and i'm at 70%

fastboot................unlock token fails
device starts at splash screen with red text and wont continue past
restoring last rom successful, but wont boot past red text
push rom to device fastboot flash zip rom.zip just hangs (i have done this many times in past, it will say failed, too big of file and then ends up working any way.
fastboot oem rebootRUU works, but stil wont flash RUU says battery is dead and it's not

tried usb 2.0 and 3.0 with no luck been running rom that is no longer suported and the updated version that worked best has been deleted from server, so i want to go back to stock. i've tried other roms and was not happy so i just want stock back.

current, relocked boot loader, still have TWRP recovery, s-off, custom firmware, and all that works even though i'm (again) relocked boot loader, and i can't unlock it says faild when trying to flash unlock token
Backup all of your data to your PC, HTC Backup or Google, then do a factory reset. Now, try to flash the stock firmware first then the RUU from this site.
The best way to get me to reply is to quote or mention me @majmoz

If I was of help to you, please click the "Thanks" button!

Useful links:

nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
HTC 1 Guru by crushalot
[Collection] HTC One Stock Recoveries
 
jpwhre
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 207
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Tucson
Quote:
Originally Posted by majmoz View Post
Backup all of your data to your PC, HTC Backup or Google, then do a factory reset. Now, try to flash the stock firmware first then the RUU from this site.
i can't, bootloader show locked, and splash screen shows unlocked and it doesn't go past splash screen.








all fast boot commands work and when phone was running all adb commands worked, problem is i have a locked bootloader ( image above ) and un unlocked bootloader ( image below ) at same time


Sprint
HTC One M7
DIRTY FLASHER
S-off
Rooted
 
majmoz
Old
#4  
majmoz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 169
Posts: 684
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sonoita
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwhre View Post
i can't, bootloader show locked, and splash screen shows unlocked and it doesn't go past splash screen.

all fast boot commands work and when phone was running all adb commands worked, problem is i have a locked bootloader ( image above ) and un unlocked bootloader ( image below ) at same time
The splash screen has the warning because you have a custom recovery installed not because the bootloader is unlocked. Try to flash the stock firmware with the instructions in the OP. When it flashes, the red warning will go away. Since you are in the bootloader, try to get to factory reset. It may help clear up some of your issues and allow you flash the RUU.
The best way to get me to reply is to quote or mention me @majmoz

If I was of help to you, please click the "Thanks" button!

Useful links:

nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
HTC 1 Guru by crushalot
[Collection] HTC One Stock Recoveries
 
jpwhre
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 207
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Tucson
Quote:
Originally Posted by majmoz View Post
The splash screen has the warning because you have a custom recovery installed not because the bootloader is unlocked. Try to flash the stock firmware with the instructions in the OP. When it flashes, the red warning will go away. Since you are in the bootloader, try to get to factory reset. It may help clear up some of your issues and allow you flash the RUU.
Nothing, i tried flashing TWRP official instead of modified one i've been running from here, i tried flashing 4.3 firmware, i tried flashing 5 firmware ( on modified version of that from OMJ ) and nothing worked

Final attempt was to bypass the htc driver installer i have and install htc sync. Phone started right up after that. Now to restore to stock ( attempt again )

Sprint
HTC One M7
DIRTY FLASHER
S-off
Rooted
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes