Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more
View Poll Results: Have you had to deal with HTC support?
No, my phone has been a flawless delight. 3 37.50%
Yes, and I was completely satisfied. 2 25.00%
Yes, and I was eventually served. 1 12.50%
Yes, and it was a never-ending nightmare. 2 25.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

[Q] Is my nightmare support experience typical?

OP seroaddict

2nd July 2014, 09:35 PM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

22 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthelement

I guess your service center is simply bad. cant you try another HTC service center ?

I didn't know that I had a choice of service centers. I've always begun the repair process by getting an RMA from the HTC USA support website / phone line. Is there another way?
4th July 2014, 02:57 PM   |  #12  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 440

1,313 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokey77

I sent my HTC one off for repair when the volume rocker stopped working it took about two weeks came back all was fine but then a couple of months down the line my microphone broke and couldn't be heard while talking so of it went but sent it through phones 4u this time. Ended up getting a replacement handset because old one couldnt be repaired but realised it was damaged on the top right corner so sent it back and waited for a replacement. Got a new handset all wrapped in box been using it ever since but my wife has said that she can't hear me sometimes when in call so could be microphone going again but warranty is up I think and don't really want to send it off for repair all I can say is HTC phones aren't that really well built was thinking of upgrading to m8 but have seen there cameras glass is breaking some coming like that out of the box so no more HTC for me I am afraid. Just to add insult had Cerberus installed on phone that was unrepairable installed it on new one and thought I would see if it worked so went on line tryed all functions but nothing was working then realised an arrow next to HTC one clicked it and noticed two HTC ones there my old phone and new one. To my surprise it had took pictures of someone so phone had been fixed and sold on to someone else which they told me was unrepairable couldn't believe my eyes so repair centre's can't be trusted.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

HTC warranty after a replacement: the remaining time of current warranty or 90 days whichever is longer. Check to see if warranty is still valid

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Uzephi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gps, purple tint, repair, support, warranty
Previous Thread Next Thread