Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] No paypal support 4.8.20

OP pim16aap2

2nd July 2014, 01:00 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Hello,

I do not own a credit card, so I used my father's account for purchases in the Play Store. As his account is not my main account, I cannot make any in-app purchases. This has been a problem for me for a while, but finally Google added PayPal support!

The update didn't come directly, for me and after a while I got impatient. I tried updating Google Play manually, but there still wasn't a sign of PayPal to be seen. I then removed the update again and just waited until I got the official update. After quite a long while, I finally got the update. There was still no sign of PayPal, though.

Would there be a way to fix this?

Rooted: Yes
Custom ROM: ViperOneM8 1.7.1
Play Store: 4.8.20

Regards,
Pim
2nd July 2014, 08:46 AM   |  #2  
alray's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Montreal, Quebec
Thanks Meter: 1,379
 
3,585 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pim16aap2

Hello,

I do not own a credit card, so I used my father's account for purchases in the Play Store. As his account is not my main account, I cannot make any in-app purchases. This has been a problem for me for a while, but finally Google added PayPal support!

The update didn't come directly, for me and after a while I got impatient. I tried updating Google Play manually, but there still wasn't a sign of PayPal to be seen. I then removed the update again and just waited until I got the official update. After quite a long while, I finally got the update. There was still no sign of PayPal, though.

Would there be a way to fix this?

Rooted: Yes
Custom ROM: ViperOneM8 1.7.1
Play Store: 4.8.20

Regards,
Pim

You must manually add your paypal account using google play from your computer. Then the option to pay with paypal will be available from the play store app on your phone

Add PayPal using your computer
  1. Go to Google Play (play.google.com).
  2. On an item’s detail page, click the price. If you’re downloading an app, choose a device from the drop-down.
  3. On the payment screen, click the “Pay with” drop-down.
  4. Select Add a new payment method.
  5. Select PayPal. You’ll be taken to the PayPal site to sign in to your PayPal account.
  6. Complete your purchase.
2nd July 2014, 12:42 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray

You must manually add your paypal account using google play from your computer. Then the option to pay with paypal will be available from the play store app on your phone

Add PayPal using your computer

  1. Go to Google Play (play.google.com).
  2. On an item’s detail page, click the price. If you’re downloading an app, choose a device from the drop-down.
  3. On the payment screen, click the “Pay with” drop-down.
  4. Select Add a new payment method.
  5. Select PayPal. You’ll be taken to the PayPal site to sign in to your PayPal account.
  6. Complete your purchase.

Thank you for your reply.
I didn't know I had to do this as many friends and family already had this option available, even though most of them didn't even have PayPal at all.

While trying to do this, I get a popup saying "redirecting to PayPal". After 10 minutes its message didn't change though.

EDIT: Nvm, I just tried it a few more times and it is working now, thank you very much.
Last edited by pim16aap2; 2nd July 2014 at 12:48 PM.
2nd July 2014, 02:15 PM   |  #4  
alray's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Montreal, Quebec
Thanks Meter: 1,379
 
3,585 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pim16aap2

Thank you for your reply.
I didn't know I had to do this as many friends and family already had this option available,

maybe because of a region issue. Paypal is only available to some country.

Quote:

EDIT: Nvm, I just tried it a few more times and it is working now, thank you very much.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes