Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,161 Members 52,197 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] No paypal support 4.8.20

Tip us?

pim16aap2
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] No paypal support 4.8.20

Hello,

I do not own a credit card, so I used my father's account for purchases in the Play Store. As his account is not my main account, I cannot make any in-app purchases. This has been a problem for me for a while, but finally Google added PayPal support!

The update didn't come directly, for me and after a while I got impatient. I tried updating Google Play manually, but there still wasn't a sign of PayPal to be seen. I then removed the update again and just waited until I got the official update. After quite a long while, I finally got the update. There was still no sign of PayPal, though.

Would there be a way to fix this?

Rooted: Yes
Custom ROM: ViperOneM8 1.7.1
Play Store: 4.8.20

Regards,
Pim

alray
Old
Thanks Meter 1,091

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pim16aap2 View Post
Hello,

I do not own a credit card, so I used my father's account for purchases in the Play Store. As his account is not my main account, I cannot make any in-app purchases. This has been a problem for me for a while, but finally Google added PayPal support!

The update didn't come directly, for me and after a while I got impatient. I tried updating Google Play manually, but there still wasn't a sign of PayPal to be seen. I then removed the update again and just waited until I got the official update. After quite a long while, I finally got the update. There was still no sign of PayPal, though.

Would there be a way to fix this?

Rooted: Yes
Custom ROM: ViperOneM8 1.7.1
Play Store: 4.8.20

Regards,
Pim
You must manually add your paypal account using google play from your computer. Then the option to pay with paypal will be available from the play store app on your phone

Add PayPal using your computer
  1. Go to Google Play (play.google.com).
  2. On an item’s detail page, click the price. If you’re downloading an app, choose a device from the drop-down.
  3. On the payment screen, click the “Pay with” drop-down.
  4. Select Add a new payment method.
  5. Select PayPal. You’ll be taken to the PayPal site to sign in to your PayPal account.
  6. Complete your purchase.
If I've helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want a reply, quote or mention me using @alray

Useful links for the HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot

pim16aap2
Old
(Last edited by pim16aap2; 2nd July 2014 at 11:48 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray View Post
You must manually add your paypal account using google play from your computer. Then the option to pay with paypal will be available from the play store app on your phone

Add PayPal using your computer
  1. Go to Google Play (play.google.com).
  2. On an item’s detail page, click the price. If you’re downloading an app, choose a device from the drop-down.
  3. On the payment screen, click the “Pay with” drop-down.
  4. Select Add a new payment method.
  5. Select PayPal. You’ll be taken to the PayPal site to sign in to your PayPal account.
  6. Complete your purchase.
Thank you for your reply.
I didn't know I had to do this as many friends and family already had this option available, even though most of them didn't even have PayPal at all.

While trying to do this, I get a popup saying "redirecting to PayPal". After 10 minutes its message didn't change though.

EDIT: Nvm, I just tried it a few more times and it is working now, thank you very much.

alray
Old
Thanks Meter 1,091

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pim16aap2 View Post
Thank you for your reply.
I didn't know I had to do this as many friends and family already had this option available,
maybe because of a region issue. Paypal is only available to some country.

Quote:
EDIT: Nvm, I just tried it a few more times and it is working now, thank you very much.
If I've helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want a reply, quote or mention me using @alray

Useful links for the HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot