Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,687 Members 41,279 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Post-Flash Issues (Rebooting, Cannot Send Texts)

Tip us?

TPMX
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Exclamation [Q] Post-Flash Issues (Rebooting, Cannot Send Texts)

Hello everyone! Thank you for your time.

I have a AT&T HTC One from launch day. I recently flashed the AT&T stock ROM for 4.4.2 over an old 4.2 Google Play Edition ROM for my phone. I used ADB Sideload in TWRP 2.5 to do so. I also rooted. After flashing, I was fine for about a day, but then two issues occurred.

1) I can no longer send texts. I receive them fine and the phone works otherwise for calls, Wi-Fi, data, etc. but nobody I've texted is receiving texts. I've tried using a third-party client and the built in one.

2) If I reboot the phone, the phone will boot up normally, work for about a minute or two, then reboot again. This cycle repeats until I flash again. Clearing the caches does not help. I'm still able to access everything until it reboots and getting into the Settings menu seems to prevent this issue from occurring, but I have no idea why this is happening.

I know I can always flash another ROM and those seem to work fine, but I'd really like to stick with stock or a similar-stock experience where I can root. Anyone that can recommend a solution or a ROM that's close to stock would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

majmoz
Old
Thanks Meter 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPMX View Post

I have a AT&T HTC One from launch day. I recently flashed the AT&T stock ROM for 4.4.2 over an old 4.2 Google Play Edition ROM for my phone. I used ADB Sideload in TWRP 2.5 to do so. I also rooted. After flashing, I was fine for about a day, but then two issues occurred.

1) I can no longer send texts. I receive them fine and the phone works otherwise for calls, Wi-Fi, data, etc. but nobody I've texted is receiving texts. I've tried using a third-party client and the built in one.

2) If I reboot the phone, the phone will boot up normally, work for about a minute or two, then reboot again. This cycle repeats until I flash again. Clearing the caches does not help. I'm still able to access everything until it reboots and getting into the Settings menu seems to prevent this issue from occurring, but I have no idea why this is happening.

I know I can always flash another ROM and those seem to work fine, but I'd really like to stick with stock or a similar-stock experience where I can root. Anyone that can recommend a solution or a ROM that's close to stock would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Did you change your MID & CID back to stock? Did you flash the stock AT&T firmware? You can get the latest from this post.
The best way to get me to reply is to quote or mention me @majmoz

If I was of help to you, please click the "Thanks" button!

Useful links:

nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
HTC 1 Guru by crushalot
[Collection] HTC One Stock Recoveries

clsA
Old
Thanks Meter 976

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

Your recovery is also very old ..flash TWRP 2.6.3.3 or newer
do a full wipe when going from GPE to Sense 6
HTC One 32 GB AT&T

TPMX
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by majmoz View Post
Did you change your MID & CID back to stock? Did you flash the stock AT&T firmware? You can get the latest from this post.
I didn't, but I never changed it to begin with. When I flashed the GPE, did it change that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA View Post
Your recovery is also very old ..flash TWRP 2.6.3.3 or newer
do a full wipe when going from GPE to Sense 6
I'll flash the new recovery then. Thank you! Also I did do a full wipe, same issues occur.

clsA
Old
Thanks Meter 976

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I didn't, but I never changed it to begin with. When I flashed the GPE, did it change that?

I'll flash the new recovery then. Thank you! Also I did do a full wipe, same issues occur.
You can tell the GPE firmware by the Black bootloader screen.
new recovery and reflash rom and you should be in good shape
HTC One 32 GB AT&T

The Following User Says Thank You to clsA For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TPMX
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA View Post
You can tell the GPE firmware by the Black bootloader screen.
new recovery and reflash rom and you should be in good shape
Updating the recovery helped me reflash the ROM without issue and I'm up and running! Thank you very much!
The Following User Says Thank You to TPMX For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]