Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,623 Members 50,549 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] problem with htc one m7 camera

Tip us?
 
diab90
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Aug 2014
Camera [Q] problem with htc one m7 camera

I guess this is a weird problem , i was opening the camera to take a pic and it only opened the front camera and when i tried to change to the back camera , i didnt find the option to choose i just found selfie and video and even when i press on video nth happens only the selfie one works , the image and the zoe ones are missing and i did a factory reset but nth changed, also i ve to say that the phone is in a very good condition it didnt fell down from me or anything , this just happened by itself , any one know what that would be or any solution or if this is a software or hardware problem ? Thanks
 
donkeykong1
Old
#2  
donkeykong1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 443
Posts: 1,459
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sesvete, Zagreb
Quote:
Originally Posted by diab90 View Post
I guess this is a weird problem , i was opening the camera to take a pic and it only opened the front camera and when i tried to change to the back camera , i didnt find the option to choose i just found selfie and video and even when i press on video nth happens only the selfie one works , the image and the zoe ones are missing and i did a factory reset but nth changed, also i ve to say that the phone is in a very good condition it didnt fell down from me or anything , this just happened by itself , any one know what that would be or any solution or if this is a software or hardware problem ? Thanks
Is your phone rooted or not? If not, send it in for warranty. No sense in trying to fix it by yourself if your warranty is still valid
 
diab90
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeykong1 View Post
Is your phone rooted or not? If not, send it in for warranty. No sense in trying to fix it by yourself if your warranty is still valid
Well , no its not rooted , i bought it unlocked ,and yes warranty still valid for 2 months , but do you have any idea whats that or how does this happen ?!! So weird
 
donkeykong1
Old
#4  
donkeykong1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 443
Posts: 1,459
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sesvete, Zagreb
Quote:
Originally Posted by diab90 View Post
Well , no its not rooted , i bought it unlocked ,and yes warranty still valid for 2 months , but do you have any idea whats that or how does this happen ?!! So weird
I really don't know. Most likely hardware issue so off to service center to get another phone [emoji4]
 
diab90
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeykong1 View Post
I really don't know. Most likely hardware issue so off to service center to get another phone [emoji4]
Thanks man , but hardware problems for m7 arenot fixed , the phone is replaced instead ?
 
donkeykong1
Old
#6  
donkeykong1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 443
Posts: 1,459
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sesvete, Zagreb
Quote:
Originally Posted by diab90 View Post
Thanks man , but hardware problems for m7 arenot fixed , the phone is replaced instead ?
In most cases they give you another phone. You're lucky, your warranty is about to expire and you're going to get another phone [emoji4]
 
ody.zady
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 12
Join Date: Aug 2014
Default problem with htc one m7 camera

it should be a hardware issue.
return it to HTC ASAP.
Just make sure your m7 is locked, unroot, S-ON and has the stock ROM before you send it to RMA.
Or HTC will charge you some $, since the ROM and setting has been changed.
 
donkeykong1
Old
#8  
donkeykong1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 443
Posts: 1,459
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sesvete, Zagreb
Quote:
Originally Posted by ody.zady View Post
it should be a hardware issue.
return it to HTC ASAP.
Just make sure your m7 is locked, unroot, S-ON and has the stock ROM before you send it to RMA.
Or HTC will charge you some $, since the ROM and setting has been changed.
His phone is not rooted so he won't have any problems with warranty

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


And the Winners in the XDA Pebble Development Challenge Are…

Almost two months ago, we set out with Pebble to findthree amazing … more

MediaTek Releases Full Kernel Source for First Android One Devices

Those who might have thought that MediaTek wouldnever release working … more

Submitting a Patch to Gerrit – Featuring XplodWild – XDA Developer TV

Not every developer specializes in every area of … more

Learn How to Make a Live Wallpaper all by Yourself

Stillimages can bebeautiful, but some of you prefer to see animations on your screens. … more