Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Problems with updates to 4.4.3 - stock

OP ico86

20th August 2014, 01:35 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
139 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2009
More
Hi all.
I have a problem with updating my HTC One

The thing is:
A year ago I've rooted my phone, it was S-ON.

A couple days ago i wanted to return to STOCK.
I've relocked my bootloader (now it says Temperd , Relocked), put stock recovery and installed Stock ROM (4.4.2, software number: 5.11.401.10).

Today I got update to Android 4.4.3, witch I've downloaded. But when i click on Install, it reboots into recovery and starts to update.
But after a couple of seconds it stops and on diplay apears red triangle with exclamation point!

And the update is not installed...

Any help or links would do great!!
THANKS
20th August 2014, 02:42 PM   |  #2  
alray's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Montreal, Quebec
Thanks Meter: 1,373
 
3,574 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ico86

Hi all.
I have a problem with updating my HTC One

The thing is:
A year ago I've rooted my phone, it was S-ON.

A couple days ago i wanted to return to STOCK.
I've relocked my bootloader (now it says Temperd , Relocked), put stock recovery and installed Stock ROM (4.4.2, software number: 5.11.401.10).

Today I got update to Android 4.4.3, witch I've downloaded. But when i click on Install, it reboots into recovery and starts to update.
But after a couple of seconds it stops and on diplay apears red triangle with exclamation point!

And the update is not installed...

Any help or links would do great!!
THANKS

post a fastbot getvar all except imei and serialno
this error is caused because your phone is not stock either some missing files or some modified files in /system or /data/preload
redo the ota installation and when in stock recovery, press volume up then power and release both, you will see the ota installation progress and which file is missing/modified
The Following User Says Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th August 2014, 02:50 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
139 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray

post a fastbot getvar all except imei and serialno
this error is caused because your phone is not stock either some missing files or some modified files in /system or /data/preload
redo the ota installation and when in stock recovery, press volume up then power and release both, you will see the ota installation progress and which file is missing/modified

from fastboot getvar all:

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.54.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.17.3250.14
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 2.24.401.1
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: ********
(bootloader) imei: ********
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0710000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__032
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 3935mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-d16dc66985
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0

I'll try "presing vol up and then vol down" when the phone trys to install OTA update

EDIT: I've tried to reinstal the OTA update. While it installs (grean circle with down arrow), I've tried to press Vol Up and Vol down at the same time. Nothing hapnes... I've tried to pres Vol Up and after that Vol down. Still notihing happens...
Last edited by ico86; 20th August 2014 at 02:55 PM.
20th August 2014, 02:56 PM   |  #4  
alray's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Montreal, Quebec
Thanks Meter: 1,373
 
3,574 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ico86

from fastboot getvar all:

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.54.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.17.3250.14
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 2.24.401.1
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: ********
(bootloader) imei: ********
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0710000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__032
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 3935mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-d16dc66985
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0

I'll try "presing vol up and then vol down" when the phone trys to install OTA update

The firmware version (2.24.401.1) doesn't match your software version (5.11.401)

re-unlock your bootloader, flash twrp recovery, flash this rom: http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/guru_res...-24-401-1-zip/
when flashing the rom, select stock recovery, stock radio, wipe, and don't select root, then you'll be fine taking ota updates.
The Following User Says Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th August 2014, 02:59 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
139 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray

The firmware version (2.24.401.1) doesn't match your software version (5.11.401)

re-unlock your bootloader, flash twrp recovery, flash this rom: http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/guru_res...-24-401-1-zip/
when flashing the rom, select stock recovery, stock radio, wipe, and don't select root, then you'll be fine taking ota updates.

Thanks... I'll try this later... Hope it works
20th August 2014, 05:40 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
139 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2009
More
I have downloaded the ROM, unlocked bootloader...

But, when I want to flash recovery, i get stuck...

in cmd I write this:

F:\One\mini-sdk>fastboot boot openrecovery-twrp-2.7.1.1-m7.img
downloading 'boot.img'...
OKAY [ 1.170s]
booting...
OKAY [ -0.000s]
finished. total time: 1.180s

F:\One\mini-sdk>fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.7.1.1-m7.img


and it doesn't move a bit...
(I have tried to flash openrecovery-twrp-2.7.1.1-m7)

If I could install recovery, the instalation of ROM would be easy...
20th August 2014, 05:46 PM   |  #7  
alray's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Montreal, Quebec
Thanks Meter: 1,373
 
3,574 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ico86

I have downloaded the ROM, unlocked bootloader...

But, when I want to flash recovery, i get stuck...

in cmd I write this:

F:\One\mini-sdk>fastboot boot openrecovery-twrp-2.7.1.1-m7.img
downloading 'boot.img'...
OKAY [ 1.170s]
booting...
OKAY [ -0.000s]
finished. total time: 1.180s

F:\One\mini-sdk>fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.7.1.1-m7.img


and it doesn't move a bit...
(I have tried to flash openrecovery-twrp-2.7.1.1-m7)

If I could install recovery, the instalation of ROM would be easy...

not fastboot boot recovery! this command will freeze your bootloader

reboot your phone in bootloader again

Code:
fastboot flash recovery name_of_recovery.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot-bootloader
use 2.6.3.3
20th August 2014, 11:10 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
139 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray

not fastboot boot recovery! this command will freeze your bootloader

reboot your phone in bootloader again

Code:
fastboot flash recovery name_of_recovery.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot-bootloader
use 2.6.3.3

Thanks... I've instaled the ROM you recomended... And now the phone's bootloader is relocked...
But, now i have Android 4.2.2 on my phone...
And when i check for updates it says that there are no updates... (but there is 4.4.3.)


How to update it?

Thanks

EDIT: After restarting the phone everything works...

THANKS for help ...
Last edited by ico86; 21st August 2014 at 07:44 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes