FORUMS

[Q] question about HTCDev .com

226 posts
Thanks Meter: 34
 
By Iloudsan, Senior Member on 10th July 2014, 12:46 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
hello guys will im currently not rooted for the warranty but there is one thing that bothers me
about the htcdev.com

can my warranty (company, provider, or whatever they called)
check in anyway that i had unlocked the bootloader before
and is the unlcok.bin code linked with my device only (the unlock code when proceeding in unlocking)

dont know why this is coming into my mind

and another question where does the nandroid backup located in twrp and CWM
in future when i reroot the device i want to do a nandroid backup for it
 
 
10th July 2014, 01:14 AM |#2  
alray's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,205
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iloudsan

can my warranty (company, provider, or whatever they called)
check in anyway that i had unlocked the bootloader before

If your bootloader says unlocked or relocked they will know you have unlocked the bootloader. Also "tampered" flag must not shown in the bootloader. Its possible to remove the tampered flag and set the bootloader back to locked (not re-locked) with S-OFF. So if you can achieve s-off there is nothing to worry about.

Quote:

and is the unlcok.bin code linked with my device only (the unlock code when proceeding in unlocking)

in theory yes, your unlock_code.bin is generated from your phone unlock_token, but never heard of someone who wasn't able to claim warranty because he have unlocked bootloader (with bootloader locked and no tampered flag ---> s-off required)
In some rare cases, HTC doesnt care about unlocked bootloader if its 100% sure the issue wasn't caused by the bootloader being unlocked. It depends which service center. Always better to send the phone Locked + no tampered flag.


Quote:

and another question where does the nandroid backup located in twrp and CWM
in future when i reroot the device i want to do a nandroid backup for it

TWRP backup are stored at
/sdcard/TWRP/BACKUPS/YOUR_PHONE_SERIAL_NUMBER/DATE_OF_BACKUP/

or if you prefer:

/data/media/0/TWRP/BACKUPS/YOUR_PHONE_SERIAL_NUMBER/DATE_OF_BACKUP/

not sure about cwm, probably something similar.
Last edited by alray; 10th July 2014 at 01:17 AM.
10th July 2014, 04:07 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray

If your bootloader says unlocked or relocked they will know you have unlocked the bootloader. Also "tampered" flag must not shown in the bootloader. Its possible to remove the tampered flag and set the bootloader back to locked (not re-locked) with S-OFF. So if you can achieve s-off there is nothing to worry about.


in theory yes, your unlock_code.bin is generated from your phone unlock_token, but never heard of someone who wasn't able to claim warranty because he have unlocked bootloader (with bootloader locked and no tampered flag ---> s-off required)
In some rare cases, HTC doesnt care about unlocked bootloader if its 100% sure the issue wasn't caused by the bootloader being unlocked. It depends which service center. Always better to send the phone Locked + no tampered flag.




TWRP backup are stored at
/sdcard/TWRP/BACKUPS/YOUR_PHONE_SERIAL_NUMBER/DATE_OF_BACKUP/

or if you prefer:

/data/media/0/TWRP/BACKUPS/YOUR_PHONE_SERIAL_NUMBER/DATE_OF_BACKUP/

not sure about cwm, probably something similar.


thank you, my phne bootloader is locked not relocked but locked and s-on and no tempered flag
i will use another email in my phone in case they want to check that if i had registered in htcdev before
dont know why im that scared

i have a cracked camera

i heard that htc will probably give a replacement if anything happens to the camera is this right?

of course with paying for the camera price
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes