Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Question regarding camera warranty repair.

OP drojman

25th August 2014, 01:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hi all,

I have had the annoying purple camera issue with my M7 and I've decided to send it back for warranty repairs. However, I have also had the phone rooted and flashed it to the OneDroid custom rom. Can I still get a repair? And if so what do I need to do? I assume at least move it back to Stock firmware, but is that enough?

Sorry for the noob question, but I'm pretty clueless.

Thanks in advance.
25th August 2014, 08:37 PM   |  #2  
Flag Montreal, Quebec
Thanks Meter: 1,389

3,594 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drojman

Hi all,

I have had the annoying purple camera issue with my M7 and I've decided to send it back for warranty repairs. However, I have also had the phone rooted and flashed it to the OneDroid custom rom. Can I still get a repair? And if so what do I need to do? I assume at least move it back to Stock firmware, but is that enough?

Sorry for the noob question, but I'm pretty clueless.

Thanks in advance.

I have seen rare cases where users sent back their non-stock M7 to HTC for a camera replacement and they repaired at no charge. But returning your phone back to 100% stock is much safer and you'll be sure HTC will not request you to pay for the repair. So imo, revert the phone back to 100% stock before sending it. If not, be ready to pay for that repair just in case...

To return the phone back to stock, follow nkk71's guide linked in my signature below.

If you have any other question regarding camera purple tint, please post in the dedicated thread.

Good luck
Last edited by alray; 25th August 2014 at 08:39 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread