[Q]Refurbished Phone Screen Washed out???

OP philuminum

3rd September 2014, 07:22 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
So I needed to get a replacement phone because my original HTC one had purple and pink hues at night. So I got the new phone and it has HTC sense 6 on it and the battery is better and everything but I noticed something was off. When I compared my old phone and new phone, the screens were really different when it came to whites and blues. Websurfing and facebook was a lot duller, washed out and had a yellow tint on it. It was not horribly significant but I definitely noticed it and was wondering if this was a problem with the screen and phone itself or was this just something that was the case with sense 6 (which I apparently can't get on my old HTC one for some reason). Otherwise I will have to ask for another replacement. Any help would be REALLY appreciated.
3rd September 2014, 10:05 PM   |  #2  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 1,195

3,089 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by philuminum

So I needed to get a replacement phone because my original HTC one had purple and pink hues at night. So I got the new phone and it has HTC sense 6 on it and the battery is better and everything but I noticed something was off. When I compared my old phone and new phone, the screens were really different when it came to whites and blues. Websurfing and facebook was a lot duller, washed out and had a yellow tint on it. It was not horribly significant but I definitely noticed it and was wondering if this was a problem with the screen and phone itself or was this just something that was the case with sense 6 (which I apparently can't get on my old HTC one for some reason). Otherwise I will have to ask for another replacement. Any help would be REALLY appreciated.

this is normal and this was already discussed many times here. There are slight color differences between some display assembly used on the M7
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2202869
The Following User Says Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th September 2014, 12:51 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray

this is normal and this was already discussed many times here. There are slight color differences between some display assembly used on the M7
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2202869

Ya I have heard about the different screens used in assembly before actually. The link you sent me has a pretty great and detailed analysis of it but some of it kind of goes over my head lol. So I am guessing there is nothing I can do to change that or request a particular type of unit? Also my new phone makes a strange popping noise when on speaker phone as well which did not happen before. I assume that is not normal?
4th September 2014, 04:28 PM   |  #4  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 1,195

3,089 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by philuminum

Ya I have heard about the different screens used in assembly before actually. The link you sent me has a pretty great and detailed analysis of it but some of it kind of goes over my head lol. So I am guessing there is nothing I can do to change that or request a particular type of unit? Also my new phone makes a strange popping noise when on speaker phone as well which did not happen before. I assume that is not normal?

the popping sound is not normal. try to return the phone
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread