Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Returning to 100% Stock. Where do I go from here? getvar posted

OP Kev_McCall

31st August 2014, 11:27 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
27 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
Hey, so I'm trying to return to 100% stock. It's been a long journey as my phone display is not working and I'm going blind here, going from screenshots, but I'm getting there. Anyways I got S-Off, flashed Stock RUU and now just wondering where I go from here?

I know I have to restore stock recovery, lock bootloader, turn S-On, and remove the tampered tag and return it to say "locked" and not re-locked, I just don't know what order and which stock recovery I need. Thanks for any help!

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.57.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4T.27.3218.14
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 5.14.531.1
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0713000
(bootloader) cidnum: T-MOB010
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4308mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: off
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-1f512bb6
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
31st August 2014, 11:48 PM   |  #2  
majmoz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sonoita
Thanks Meter: 344
 
1,175 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev_McCall

Hey, so I'm trying to return to 100% stock. It's been a long journey as my phone display is not working and I'm going blind here, going from screenshots, but I'm getting there. Anyways I got S-Off, flashed Stock RUU and now just wondering where I go from here?

I know I have to restore stock recovery, lock bootloader, turn S-On, and remove the tampered tag and return it to say "locked" and not re-locked, I just don't know what order and which stock recovery I need. Thanks for any help!

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.57.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4T.27.3218.14
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 5.14.531.1
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0713000
(bootloader) cidnum: T-MOB010
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4308mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: off
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-1f512bb6
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0

1. Now with USB Debugging enabled, use nkk71's guide post 4 Step 1 Method 1. You need to install CWM or TWRP for the adb commands.
2. Then complete the manual steps Method 1 to remove "Tampered" and to "Locked" the phone. Copy and paste the commands it is easier and safer.
3. Reboot the phone into bootloader per the instructions.
4. Skip step 2, you don't need to install the RUU.
5. Now we need to put the stock recovery back on the phone. You can get the stock recovery out of the last OTA. Download it to your PC, then open the zip file. Within the zip is the firmware.zip, open it and you will see recovery.img file this is the stock recovery. Just extract it to your adb & fastboot folder.
6. Flash it like you did the custom recovery earlier.
In bootloader/FASTBOOT USB, flash stock recovery:
Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot-bootloader
7. Going back to nkk71's guide step 3, complete the fastboot command to return to S-ON.
Step 3:
Code:
fastboot oem writesecureflag 3
NOTE: reboot 3 times and make sure it doesnt say "tamper detected - rebooting" and then shows TAMPERED again
as far as I know, this was introduced in hboot 1.55
Now you are completely stock with no hint of root.
Last edited by majmoz; 31st August 2014 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Add information
1st September 2014, 12:07 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
27 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
Ok got it. Just one last question. After I flash stock recovery will it remove TWRP? I don't want any signs of modification when I send my phone back in.
@majmoz
1st September 2014, 12:10 AM   |  #4  
majmoz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sonoita
Thanks Meter: 344
 
1,175 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev_McCall

Ok got it. Just one last question. After I flash stock recovery will it remove TWRP? I don't want any signs of modification when I send my phone back in.
@majmoz

Yes, that is why you are putting the stock recovery on the phone. TWRP resides in the Recovery Partition and you can only have one recovery in that partition.
1st September 2014, 12:42 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
27 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
@majmoz

Ok so just installed TWRP, followed the recovery steps for Locked & Tampered status and rebooted into bootloader, but it's hard to tell if it says Locked. I don't see tampered, because it would be in pink or something. Fyi if I hold a bright light up to the sensor top left I can barely see the screen, but not enough to read if it says locked or not. Is there a way to check through ADB commans or take a screenshot of the bootloader?
1st September 2014, 01:22 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
27 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
@majmoz

Sorry man.. So close to finishing and I've run into another problem. Downloaded the OTA, extracted it, and then when I try to extract the recovery.img from the firmware zip it doesn't send it to the folder. I've even tried extracting the entire firmware zip to a folder, open the folder, and no files show up. :/
1st September 2014, 01:47 AM   |  #7  
majmoz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sonoita
Thanks Meter: 344
 
1,175 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev_McCall

@majmoz

Sorry man.. So close to finishing and I've run into another problem. Downloaded the OTA, extracted it, and then when I try to extract the recovery.img from the firmware zip it doesn't send it to the folder. I've even tried extracting the entire firmware zip to a folder, open the folder, and no files show up. :/

Check your PM.
1st September 2014, 02:04 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
27 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
Success! Got the file.
1st September 2014, 12:24 PM   |  #9  
clsA's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,167
 
4,266 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev_McCall

Success! Got the file.

Quit posting new threads and stay in this one please

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes