Originally Posted by Kev_McCall
Hey, so I'm trying to return to 100% stock. It's been a long journey as my phone display is not working and I'm going blind here, going from screenshots, but I'm getting there. Anyways I got S-Off, flashed Stock RUU and now just wondering where I go from here?
I know I have to restore stock recovery, lock bootloader, turn S-On, and remove the tampered tag and return it to say "locked" and not re-locked, I just don't know what order and which stock recovery I need. Thanks for any help!
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.57.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4T.27.3218.14
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 5.14.531.1
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0713000
(bootloader) cidnum: T-MOB010
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4308mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: off
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-1f512bb6
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
1. Now with USB Debugging enabled, use nkk71's guide post 4
Step 1 Method 1. You need to install CWM or TWRP for the adb commands.
2. Then complete the manual steps Method 1 to remove "Tampered" and to "Locked" the phone. Copy and paste the commands it is easier and safer.
3. Reboot the phone into bootloader per the instructions.
4. Skip step 2, you don't need to install the RUU.
5. Now we need to put the stock recovery back on the phone. You can get the stock recovery out of the last OTA
. Download it to your PC, then open the zip file. Within the zip is the firmware.zip, open it and you will see recovery.img file this is the stock recovery. Just extract it to your adb & fastboot folder.
6. Flash it like you did the custom recovery earlier.
In bootloader/FASTBOOT USB
, flash stock recovery:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot erase cache
7. Going back to nkk71's guide step 3, complete the fastboot command to return to S-ON.
fastboot oem writesecureflag 3
NOTE: reboot 3 times and make sure it doesnt say "tamper detected - rebooting" and then shows TAMPERED again
as far as I know, this was introduced in hboot 1.55
Now you are completely stock with no hint of root.