[Q] No Root No OS Help.

Search This thread

danishda

May 22, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Hi, i Was using Viper Rom , and by confusion i wiped all the - system, data, cache and dalvik. now
i can see tampered flag and unlock on above of bootlaoder,
i can go to recovery and everything but no os and root.
when i try to restart in recovery it says no OS installed are you sure you wish to reboot. if i say yes then it ask me it will install Super User SU but it is not installing SU. Im so confused now i dont know how to solve this problem. please help me.

I Have HTC One M7

Last edited:

Danny201281

Hi, i Was using Viper Rom , and by confusion i wiped all the - system, data, cache and dalvik. now
when i try to restart in recovery it says no OS installed are you sure you wish to reboot. if i say yes then it ask me it will install Super User SU but it is not installing SU. Im so confused now i dont know how to solve this problem. please help me.
You just need to push the Rom to the phone. This can be done with any Rom so if you have the viper Rom zip on your pc just use that. Rename it to rom.zip and put it in your fastboot folder.

Boot the phone to your recovery home screen and connect usb. Then in the command window type
Code:
adb push rom.zip /sdcard
The command window will appear unresponsive until the push completes.
One it's done install the Rom with your recovery ;)

Sent from my HTC One M7 - ARHD 81.0 Using Tapatalk
If you found my posts helpful, Please click thanks :good:

Reactions: danishda

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida

you will need to push or Sideload the rom to your phone with adb

adb push name_of_rom.zip /sdcard
or
adb sideload name_of_rom.zip

the Rom needs to be in the same folder as adb
and in TWRP / Advanced /adb Sidelaod if you choose to sideload

danishda

May 22, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
You just need to push the Rom to the phone. This can be done with any Rom so if you have the viper Rom zip on your pc just use that. Rename it to rom.zip and put it in your fastboot folder.

Boot the phone to your recovery home screen and connect usb. Then in the command window type
Code:
adb push rom.zip /sdcard

thanks but only rom not the root zip? because it gives me error of root also? why is that so?

Danny201281

thanks but only rom not the root zip? because it gives me error of root also? why is that so?
Because you have no os to be rooted ;) Viper Rom is pre-rooted. The Rom installation will root the phone :good:

danishda

May 22, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Because you have no os to be rooted ;) Viper Rom is pre-rooted. The Rom installation will root the phone :good:

Oh God, Thanks For this root thing , and i cannot connect my phone to adb is doesnt show my device connected. and in device manager it has exclamation mark on it. i guess it is drivers issue but it connected once but not all the time! why so?

Danny201281

Oh God, Thanks For this root thing , and i cannot connect my phone to adb is doesnt show my device connected. and in device manager it has exclamation mark on it. i guess it is drivers issue but it connected once but not all the time! why so?
See 2)Q in this faq post to fix your drivers http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=52135024 :good:

danishda

May 22, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Last edited:

Danny201281

Now i can see the my device but when i type adb push viperone.zip/sdcard and press enter
it goes long down like its starting again the same process. with all the adb information .
Your missing a "space" in the command
Code:
adb-push-rom.zip-/sdcard
Replace the dashes with space's

Danny201281

Last edited:

danishda

May 22, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 11

Danny201281

update sdk finished but still i face this problem.
You do not need the Recovery on sideload mode to push the Rom. Just put the phone to the twrp home screen. And push the rom
Code:
adb push rom.zip /sdcard

If you want to sideload then put recovery in sideload mode and use this command.
Code:
adb sideload rom.zip

Last edited:

Danny201281

You do not need the Recovery on sideload mode to push the Rom. Just put the phone to the twrp home screen. And push the rom
Code:
adb push rom.zip /sdcard

If you want to sideload then put recovery in sideload mode and use this command.
Code:
adb sideload rom.zip

I just noticed you get the same error with adb usb.
Are you sure your sdk is up to date?
Code:
adb version
Will reveal the version number for your adb.

Also if you have HTC sync running exit the program, right click the small icon near the clock and select exit. If you still get the error. Try replaceing your platform-tools folder with mine https://www.dropbox.com/s/zxg2ry4asy2au14/platform-tools.zip?dl=0
Download this, rename your Current platform-tools folder to somthing lik platform-tools.old.
Then unzip and copy my platform-tools folder into your sdk folder. Then try adb again from my platform-tools ;)

Last edited:

danishda

May 22, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Code:
adb version

Also if you have HTC sync running exit the program, right click the small icon near the clock and select exit.

adb version is Android Debug Bridge version 1.0.32
and i tried to push one jpg file, it sends succesfully but i cannot see that file and i write this command

adb push desert.jpg /sdcard

it sends succesfully but how to see this file.and where, i cannot see this in sdcard.there is nothing in sdcard except twrp folder.

Attachments

• Untitledd.jpg
    Untitledd.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

danishda

May 22, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Code:
adb version

Also if you have HTC sync running exit the program, right click the small icon near the clock and select exit. If you still get the error. Try replaceing your platform-tools folder with mine https://www.dropbox.com/s/zxg2ry4asy2au14/platform-tools.zip?dl=0
Download this, rename your Current platform-tools folder to somthing lik platform-tools.old.
Then unzip and copy my platform-tools folder into your sdk folder. Then try adb again from my platform-tools ;)

and when i push rom file which is 1.4gb then it stays is same position , does it mean it is copying the file rom ?

Attachments

• Untitleddd.jpg
    Untitleddd.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 8

Danny201281

adb version is Android Debug Bridge version 1.0.32
and i tried to push one jpg file, it sends succesfully but i cannot see that file and i write this command

adb push desert.jpg /sdcard

it sends succesfully but how to see this file.and where, i cannot see this in sdcard.there is nothing in sdcard except twrp folder.
Ok sound like a problem with memory integrity, boot to twrp recovery, Select "Wipe" Then "Format Data". Then go to the reboot menu and "Reboot Recovery"
Once that's done try to push Rom.zip/test file again.

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

and when i push rom file which is 1.4gb then it stays is same position , does it mean it is copying the file rom ?
Yes it's normal for the command window to appear unresponsive until the push completes :good: (several minutes)

When it completes if you don't see the Rom on the phone format data as in my previous post ;)

danishda

May 22, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Thanks. Sooo Much.

Guys I Did It, With The Help You Senior members, I Appreciate from the bottom of my heart. and thanks alot. i have started installing viper rom, i hope there will be no issue.i have high praises for you guys. thanks very much.

Reactions: Danny201281

Danny201281

Guys I Did It, With The Help You Senior members, I Appreciate from the bottom of my heart. and thanks alot. i have started installing viper rom, i hope there will be no issue.i have high praises for you guys. thanks very much.
No problem, sounds like your good but let me know if you get any more problems ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:
    adb push rom.zip /sdcard

you will need to push or Sideload the rom to your phone with adb

adb push name_of_rom.zip /sdcard
    or
    adb sideload name_of_rom.zip

the Rom needs to be in the same folder as adb
    and in TWRP / Advanced /adb Sidelaod if you choose to sideload

See 2)Q in this faq post to fix your drivers http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=52135024 :good:

Yup, it still the same error. closed
    Then your adb probably needs updating. If you have the full sdk just update the software. If you have the mini ask download a new one.

Edit:- try this one http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2317790 ;)