Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,619 Members 52,155 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HELP... HTC ONE has no OS, can only acces twrp

Tip us?
 
ccresendez
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 7
Join Date: Jul 2013
Default HELP... HTC ONE has no OS, can only acces twrp

I am in need of help please, I had my phone rooted and the 4.2.2 rom flashed.. i was clearing the cache, and apparently wiped the phone clean... now there is no OS, and all I can access is TWRP recovery, and put phone in fast boot... I have tried installing SuperSU through terminal, tried pushing roms through terminal.. am unable to sideload or mount from usb... please help anyone.. im on a mac...
The Following User Says Thank You to ccresendez For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
amr-213
Old
#2  
amr-213's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 59
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nablus
You can use an OTG cable and a usb-drive and put a rom in the drive and flash it with twrp
The Following User Says Thank You to amr-213 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
joshnichols189
Old
#3  
joshnichols189's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1385
Posts: 6,920
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chicago
Find a windows computer and flash an RUU.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk 2
Iphone 4S Nokia N9
LG Voyager OG Sidekick
Blackberry Tour 9630 Blackberry Storm 9530
Motorola Droid Droid Bionic; Droid X
HTC Droid Incredible HTC Thunderbolt
HTC Droid Incredible 2 HTC Trophy
HTC Rezound; HTC One S HTC One X HTC G2
Asus Transformer Nook Tablet
Samsung Fascinate Galaxy Nexus Galaxy Note
Galaxy SII i9100 White Galaxy Nexus
Galaxy SIII i9300 Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
 
ccresendez
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 7
Join Date: Jul 2013
Default thanks

after about 8 hours i finally figured it out, with the help of many many forums...... i had to relock the bootloader, then run RUU, which brought my phone to life.. im a noob at this so i was trying to run an RUU with my bootloader locked and spent hours trying to push files to my phone via terminal. after relocking bootloader... everything worked simple.... thanks for taking the time to respond...
 
osmosizzz
Old
#5  
osmosizzz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 305
Posts: 1,151
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Blackmist Town
Adb sideboard could have been another e thing

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Rocking the HTC ONE M7
 
ccresendez
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 7
Join Date: Jul 2013
It wouldn't sideload or anything... But all is well now.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app
 
EazyVG
Old
#7  
EazyVG's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 63
Posts: 837
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Moscow, Russia
Default Without OTG Cable

Boot TWRP, then select “Mount”, then select only “Data” and connect your HTC One to your computer.

Considering you have adb.exe (Windows, part of fastboot.zip) or on Linux:

cd Downloads\ROM.zip
adb push ROM.zip /sdcard/

Replace ROM.zip with the ROM filename you copied earlier to Downloads (or any other) folder, then install the ROM.

It should be nearly same running CWM recovery. Hope that helps.
Primary Mobile: Xperia Z2 (6503) Unlocked|Root
Desktop|Notebook: openSUSE

OpenSource is good for you and for the world!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EazyVG For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Heesh911
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Aug 2013
Default Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccresendez View Post
It wouldn't sideload or anything... But all is well now.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app
Hi I have the same problem and am a noob. Can you give a description as to how you fixed your phone. My phone won't interact with the computer either so I'm not sure how to load a Rom onto it
 
IVcruz
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 9
Join Date: May 2011
Default Please help

I did the same thing and i cannot find a fix! I tried buying a usb otg cable but the phone doesnt seem to recognize it. I dont know what the original person who posed this meant by "i had to relock the bootloader, then run RUU, which brought my phone to life". someone please help me. I've been stuck with no phone for about a week now.

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccresendez View Post
after about 8 hours i finally figured it out, with the help of many many forums...... i had to relock the bootloader, then run RUU, which brought my phone to life.. im a noob at this so i was trying to run an RUU with my bootloader locked and spent hours trying to push files to my phone via terminal. after relocking bootloader... everything worked simple.... thanks for taking the time to respond...
Can you please explain what you did to fix it. I did the same thing to my HTC One and i dont know how to fix it. pleaseeee help.
 
crawldit
Old
#10  
Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 78
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fort Collins
Quote:
Originally Posted by EazyVG View Post
Boot TWRP, then select “Mount”, then select only “Data” and connect your HTC One to your computer.

Considering you have adb.exe (Windows, part of fastboot.zip) or on Linux:

cd Downloads\ROM.zip
adb push ROM.zip /sdcard/

Replace ROM.zip with the ROM filename you copied earlier to Downloads (or any other) folder, then install the ROM.

It should be nearly same running CWM recovery. Hope that helps.
This worked for me. Thanks!
Current Toy
HTC One

Old Toys
Samsung Galaxy Note
Iphone 4
Samsung Vibrant
myTouch 3G
G1

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes