ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Android Studio Reaches Release Candidate Status

Android app developers have a few options when comes to Android IDEs. One of the most … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

No System and S-ON

OP DroidDoode

23rd August 2014, 04:53 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
London
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
More
1 - Alright so long story short. A few months ago I unrooted my HTC One using the RUU M7 UL K44 O2 UK this was of course after I had locked the Bootloader and then turned S-ON.

2 - However after a while the OS just started to freeze and it would load very slowly. I couldn't use my phone at all (Started two days ago) I tried to reinstall the RUU but it didn't work on any of the 4 PC's I tried on since it kept having USB issues (Tried USB 2.0 and 3.0). I tried a factory reset also, but it always came back after I backed up my contacts and data from HTC's server.

3 - So I loaded my phone into fastboot since it seemed to be the only way to get my phone to not freeze. Then unlocked the bootloader and flashed TWRP recovery. From here I wiped my System | Cache | Dalvik | Data | Storage. I tried running the RUU again to see if it worked this time, but USB issues again. (Staring to think it's not related to any USB)

4 - Then I tried to push a new ROM to flash Android_Revolution_HD-One_31.6.zip through ADB push to sdcard/Download. After the push completed I returned to the TWRP interface and tried to find the file I just pushed in order to install it, but it just wasn't there so I don't think ADB push worked. (Tried twice)

5 - So I returned to fastboot and tried fastboot flash system and that didn't work, maybe because the Android Revolution file was a .ZIP.

Since ADB push isn't working and I have S-ON I feel completely out of options and any help is welcome. Thank you for reading this! (Before I had the problem I had 4.4.2 installed or the latest for the M7 if it's not 4.4.2)
23rd August 2014, 04:58 PM   |  #2  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 907

6,478 posts
More
Use adb sideload instead of push.

Put your device in sideload mode by navigating to the advanced menu in TWRP.

Then type into a command prompt adb sideload xxxx.zip.
23rd August 2014, 05:09 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
London

10 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroHero

Use adb sideload instead of push.

Put your device in sideload mode by navigating to the advanced menu in TWRP.

Then type into a command prompt adb sideload xxxx.zip.

I tried that but ADB Sideload is unable to mount /cache?
23rd August 2014, 05:11 PM   |  #4  
Flag Manchester

6,478 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidDoode

I tried that but ADB Sideload is unable to mount /cache?

Try rebooting your device by holding the power button for 10 secs, then try again.
The Following User Says Thank You to AndroHero For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd August 2014, 05:18 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
London

10 posts
More
Quote:

Try rebooting your device by holding the power button for 10 secs, then try again.

Ok it worked now and I sideloaded the ROM but my screen just went black when it completed and I had to force reboot into bootloader and run recovery. From here I tried to find the ROM file in order to flash it, but I only see sideload.zip Is that the one I'm meant to flash?
23rd August 2014, 05:24 PM   |  #6  
Flag Manchester

6,478 posts
More
Yeah that happens sometimes. Sideload.zip is the rom you sideloaded. As long as it got to 100% in the command window, your good to flash it.
23rd August 2014, 05:45 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
London

10 posts
More
Quote:

Yeah that happens sometimes. Sideload.zip is the rom you sideloaded. As long as it got to 100% in the command window, your good to flash it.

That seems to have worked, is there any way I can return to 4.4 since android HD Revolution is 4.3 now using the RUU or should I just avoid it?
23rd August 2014, 05:49 PM   |  #8  
Flag Manchester

6,478 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidDoode

That seems to have worked, is there any way I can return to 4.4 since android HD Revolution is 4.3 now using the RUU or should I just avoid it?

I think mike is working on updating ARHD with the new base. It should be here soon, obviously you can use an RUU to update now if you can find one for your CID. Just remember to relock bootloader before flashing RUU's.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread