MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more
Post Reply

Screen went dead, everything else works including touch. how can I extract the apps?

1st July 2014, 04:22 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Had a little accident at home yesterday, my HTC one dropped face down and caused the screen to go dark.
The glass is fine, cosmetically it had no damage. The screen only displays a thin line on the side now.

I still have controls and touch, all buttons work and the phone still functions. I just can't see what I am doing on the phone.
I was never prepared for a disaster like this

Already went and bought a new M8 HTC One, now I am struggling to find a solution to transfer my files over. especially my WeChat/Whatsapp/Viber apps, i have a lot of conversations in those that need to be saved.

Any suggestions on how I can extract the apps and other files?

The old broken M7 was rooted / custom recovery / no password lockscreen

New M8 is brand new Verizon not rooted yet


Any help is greatly appreciated!
1st July 2014, 12:19 PM   |  #2  
alray's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 1,119
 
2,895 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2016

Had a little accident at home yesterday, my HTC one dropped face down and caused the screen to go dark.
The glass is fine, cosmetically it had no damage. The screen only displays a thin line on the side now.

I still have controls and touch, all buttons work and the phone still functions. I just can't see what I am doing on the phone.
I was never prepared for a disaster like this

Already went and bought a new M8 HTC One, now I am struggling to find a solution to transfer my files over. especially my WeChat/Whatsapp/Viber apps, i have a lot of conversations in those that need to be saved.

Any suggestions on how I can extract the apps and other files?

The old broken M7 was rooted / custom recovery / no password lockscreen

New M8 is brand new Verizon not rooted yet


Any help is greatly appreciated!

you can use adb pull from recovery to backup your data
Code:
adb pull <remote> <local>
i.e:

Code:
adb reboot recovery
adb pull /sdcard/ C:\Backup
this will copy all your sdcard files in a Backup folder on your C:\ drive of your computer.
3rd July 2014, 08:45 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray

you can use adb pull from recovery to backup your data

Code:
adb pull <remote> <local>
i.e:

Code:
adb reboot recovery
adb pull /sdcard/ C:\Backup
this will copy all your sdcard files in a Backup folder on your C:\ drive of your computer.

any easier way to backup just photos? I gave up the apps.

not really familiar with adb commands....

thanks a bunch!
3rd July 2014, 09:24 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 97
 
580 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Plug your phone into a pc. You should be able to copy over anything from the sd card

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

Photos are in DCIM folder

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
3rd July 2014, 09:40 AM   |  #5  
alray's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 1,119
 
2,895 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2016

any easier way to backup just photos? I gave up the apps.

not really familiar with adb commands....

thanks a bunch!

or use this command to get all pictures to C:\Backup

Code:
adb pull /sdcard/DCIM/ C:\Backup
3rd July 2014, 10:31 AM   |  #6  
donkeykong1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sesvete, Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 482
 
1,514 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2786395
Or take a look at this
The Following User Says Thank You to donkeykong1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes