Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Preproduction HTC One hardware -- No Camera!

OP mattchoo

30th October 2014, 03:30 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Hello there,

This is likely a strange scenario. I got a preproduction HTC One M7 from a friend who works at a wireless carrier... it was just an extra phone that he had since I had lost mine.

It is preproduction hardware... so the exterior looks nothing like the normal HTC Ones. But all the internal guts are the same... except for the camera! It does not have a rear-facing camera! So when I got the phone, if I opened the camera app, it would only open and use the front facing camera. Ok, no biggie, it was a free phone after all!

But then I started to get creative, and unlocked, rooted, and installed Cyanogenmod on the phone. Interestingly enough, there was no camera app on the phone. So I went and downloaded Google Camera. And now... when I open this camera app (or any of the dozen that I've tried), I get an error saying "Camera Error. Can't connect to the camera.", and then the app closes. I'm assuming that is because it is trying to open the app with starting up the rear camera. I tried finding an app that might only open the front camera, but couldn't find an app that worked.

Any ideas? Unfortunately, while I made a Nandroid of my previous stock ROM, I didn't realize that it would get blown away when I rooted and installed Cyanogenmod (i.e. the Nandroid was sitting in the /sdcard folder). So I can't even get back to a version of firmware where the camera works!

Thanks,
mattchoo
5th November 2014, 09:40 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Any one out there who can help??

Sent from my One using XDA Free mobile app
5th November 2014, 09:57 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 10

95 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattchoo

Reflashing your stock rom..
5th November 2014, 08:06 PM   |  #4  
Flag Sonoita
Thanks Meter: 344

1,175 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattchoo

See this response to your other post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3&postcount=30
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread