Sieempi unusual problem

1st September 2014, 07:09 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
I have M7 without SD slot and I made USB OTG cable.

Phone accept to read Config.dat, but without success or to be more precise, process with green confirm IMEI and COnfig.dat, but with red letters state that can't access to some archives (something like MDNC or simmilar and some other files also).

I tried to do with Cyanogen 11 and also with stock 4.1 (also stock rooted), Unlocked with S-OFF and Relocked With S-OFF.

What is the problem???

Any idea?
1st September 2014, 11:33 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1,007

3,763 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by komitaltrade

I have M7 without SD slot and I made USB OTG cable.

Phone accept to read Config.dat, but without success or to be more precise, process with green confirm IMEI and COnfig.dat, but with red letters state that can't access to some archives (something like MDNC or simmilar and some other files also).

I tried to do with Cyanogen 11 and also with stock 4.1 (also stock rooted), Unlocked with S-OFF and Relocked With S-OFF.

What is the problem???

Any idea?

as this method completely takes place in the bootloader the OS on the phone has nothing to do with it.

Get the proper cable and choose Amaze as your device and it works like a charm.

I used this one
HDD

and this OTG adapter
otg adapter
1st September 2014, 04:34 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA

Get the proper cable and choose Amaze as your device and it works like a charm.

Where I live is impossible to get proper Y cable and I used ordinary (simple) OTG from tablet, I opened access to red and black wires (power and ground), connected with other USB red and black, and now I'm 100% POSITIVE that cable works proper, as I.m able to install (e.g.) CM11 from that home made Y-OTG.

Also, I wrote that process start fine, but with message's:

SD init OK (green)
Reading config.dat [37]Bytes (blue)
Read MCCMNC file success (green)
Open CID file fail (red)
Open IMEI file fail (red)
Open SF file fail (red)
Open NAME file fail
Get device IMEI success (green)
IMEI checking .... PASS! (green)
Process done, reboot device? (blue)

As far as I understand, communication is perfect. I just don't know what files are process unable to open - on phone or on config.dat. I think that config.dat looks something like corrupted (but I requested it twice), as IMEI appear in text twice and for me appear that process can read IMEI on device, but not some other IMEI (??? - logical IMEI from config.dat). I'm just confused as it also try to read other files and I recognize just CID, what config.dat should not to have as they didn't ask for it. So, it appear that process can't read some files from phone and can read some other files from phone.

It will be more easy to detect problem if somebody knows did config.dat contain MCCMNC file, as for me looks that it is some strange mix.

Process check IMEI PASS (can read device IMEI obvious and looks that can compare with IMEI from config.dat).

Whatever, I'm confused.

Any idea?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread