Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] SMS secure box password reset help requested.

OP dogdays

26th August 2014, 10:50 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Greetings everyone. My post is a topic that has been discussed for other phones but I did not see anything specific to my phone.

I recently purchased my used One Max on ebay and it came to me in a hard reset condition. I had a normal set up (Sprint is my carrier)and in the weeks that have past, I am at my happy place with respect to having it set up the way I want it . My issue is that the SMS secure box is password protected. I do not remember having set a password for this and every single password that makes any sense to me will not unlock it. I have perhaps a dozen different password combinations that I use and none work. I have tried all the default passwords suggested by others on other forums, phone number combinations, 1234, etc. no good. I have learned that in order to save a message to the secure box that a password must be created. I dumped a message from my daughter in there with no password prompt so I think it must have been set up previously. Anyway, I need help to unlock it.

If anyone can help, I can prove that the phone is mine. I am not apposed to paying a reasonable fee to anyone that can help. I did read in another HTC forum that rooting the phone will allow a command line prompt to view the password that is active but this was for an evo 3d and I'm not sure that the same command would work on my one max. I am not a developer but I can follow instructions to complete this task.

Please do not suggest a hard reset. I am not willing to lose all the work I done. If you have a solution that does not require that, I welcome your input.

-- Tony
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread