Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Can't get out of soft brick, I think I've tried everything. Please help.

OP flapflip22

31st July 2014, 11:41 AM   |  #1  
flapflip22's Avatar
OP Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 31
 
92 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Donate to Me
More
Long story short usually first thing I do is root and rom my phones, but I recently got an HTC One off of swappa and loved it, didnt see a reason to root. I figured I would give dual-booting via multiboot a shot, so I HTC Dev unlocked it, rooted it, installed elemental kernel, and flashed CM11. Well CM11 wouldnt boot and I tinkered so I just figured I would cut my losses, so I followed the instructions to remove it which wiped my SD card. I was on linux, and couldn't get fastboot usb, just fastboot ac. So I hopped on a friends computer, Win8.1 and downloaded a special set of drivers and whatnot, got ADB and fastboot running. TWRP wasnt working very well, it wouldnt let me use ADB so I fastboot installed CWM. I managed to push cyanogenmod to it, but kept getting an error that wouldnt let me install it. So I figured next thing to do would be RUU it, and I got my version number and matched the CID and all that, it failed with an error 12. Both .exe and .zip give me the same error. Well not its 3am and I've been at it for 5 hours now, I dont know what to do. It seems like everything I try to do fails. Please give me some advice.

RELOCKED
M7_UL PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT-1.57.000
RADIO-4T.27.3218.14
OS-
eMMC-boot 2048MB
Last edited by flapflip22; 31st July 2014 at 11:44 AM.
31st July 2014, 01:38 PM   |  #2  
Seanie280672's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Halesowen
Thanks Meter: 347
 
1,172 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flapflip22

Long story short usually first thing I do is root and rom my phones, but I recently got an HTC One off of swappa and loved it, didnt see a reason to root. I figured I would give dual-booting via multiboot a shot, so I HTC Dev unlocked it, rooted it, installed elemental kernel, and flashed CM11. Well CM11 wouldnt boot and I tinkered so I just figured I would cut my losses, so I followed the instructions to remove it which wiped my SD card. I was on linux, and couldn't get fastboot usb, just fastboot ac. So I hopped on a friends computer, Win8.1 and downloaded a special set of drivers and whatnot, got ADB and fastboot running. TWRP wasnt working very well, it wouldnt let me use ADB so I fastboot installed CWM. I managed to push cyanogenmod to it, but kept getting an error that wouldnt let me install it. So I figured next thing to do would be RUU it, and I got my version number and matched the CID and all that, it failed with an error 12. Both .exe and .zip give me the same error. Well not its 3am and I've been at it for 5 hours now, I dont know what to do. It seems like everything I try to do fails. Please give me some advice.

RELOCKED
M7_UL PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT-1.57.000
RADIO-4T.27.3218.14
OS-
eMMC-boot 2048MB

Your problems started at trying to install cm11 with elementalx kernel, that's a sense kernel and cm is not a sense Rom, so unlock your bootloader again and flash twrp 2.6.3.3 to your phone, push a sense Rom of your choice to the phone and flash it, I'm guessing the ruu isn't working as you can't back flash with s-on and you already have the newest os / firmware on your phone according to your hboot version
The Following User Says Thank You to Seanie280672 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st July 2014, 05:43 PM   |  #3  
flapflip22's Avatar
OP Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 31
 
92 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanie280672

Your problems started at trying to install cm11 with elementalx kernel, that's a sense kernel and cm is not a sense Rom, so unlock your bootloader again and flash twrp 2.6.3.3 to your phone, push a sense Rom of your choice to the phone and flash it, I'm guessing the ruu isn't working as you can't back flash with s-on and you already have the newest os / firmware on your phone according to your hboot version

Will give this a try, thanks
31st July 2014, 07:44 PM   |  #4  
alray's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Montreal, Quebec
Thanks Meter: 1,386
 
3,589 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Donate to Me
More
and dont forget, 4.4+ sense roms (i.e arhd) must be flashed using twrp 2.6.3.3 or 2.6.3.4 and newest CM11 roms must be flashed using twrp 2.7.1.1 because of the new fstab layout introduced May, 2014
The Following User Says Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st July 2014, 10:34 PM   |  #5  
flapflip22's Avatar
OP Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 31
 
92 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray

and dont forget, 4.4+ sense roms (i.e arhd) must be flashed using twrp 2.6.3.3 or 2.6.3.4 and newest CM11 roms must be flashed using twrp 2.7.1.1 because of the new fstab layout introduced May, 2014



Noted, just flased 2.6.3.3 and adb pushing a sense 6 rom. Kinda funny, 2.6.3.3 connects to adb on linux but no other recovery would. Granted it wont let me side-load but as long as I can push files I'm good. Just tested it by pushing a random zip file, all is good. Just gonna wait for it to finish downloading, adb push it and try to flash it. If all goes as well as I hope it should work. I'll let you guys know if I need more help.

Thank you so much.
31st July 2014, 10:57 PM   |  #6  
alray's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Montreal, Quebec
Thanks Meter: 1,386
 
3,589 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flapflip22

Noted, just flased 2.6.3.3 and adb pushing a sense 6 rom. Kinda funny, 2.6.3.3 connects to adb on linux but no other recovery would. Granted it wont let me side-load but as long as I can push files I'm good. Just tested it by pushing a random zip file, all is good. Just gonna wait for it to finish downloading, adb push it and try to flash it. If all goes as well as I hope it should work. I'll let you guys know if I need more help.

Thank you so much.

if you cant sideload its probably because you are using an outdated version of adb. latest version of adb is 1.0.31. however, you'll be fine using adb push.
The Following User Says Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st July 2014, 11:47 PM   |  #7  
flapflip22's Avatar
OP Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 31
 
92 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray

if you cant sideload its probably because you are using an outdated version of adb. latest version of adb is 1.0.31. however, you'll be fine using adb push.

Alright, managed to adb push to files to my phone but now it just says "updating partition details..." then "error flashing zip /sdcard/myrom.zip" and FAILED at the bottom. What next?
1st August 2014, 12:17 AM   |  #8  
alray's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Montreal, Quebec
Thanks Meter: 1,386
 
3,589 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flapflip22

Alright, managed to adb push to files to my phone but now it just says "updating partition details..." then "error flashing zip /sdcard/myrom.zip" and FAILED at the bottom. What next?

you might want to wipe everything + format data then push the rom again and install it. Also check MD5 of the rom
The Following User Says Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st August 2014, 01:55 AM   |  #9  
flapflip22's Avatar
OP Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 31
 
92 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray

you might want to wipe everything + format data then push the rom again and install it. Also check MD5 of the rom

It worked! Followed your instructions, then I used a CM 10.2 rom and a JB kernel and it worked just fine. Next I'm gonna s-off and superCID it so I wont have to go through any of this again, and then flash the ROM and kernel I want. Probably not gonna tinker anymore until later when the newest HTC sense release comes out.
1st August 2014, 01:57 AM   |  #10  
alray's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Montreal, Quebec
Thanks Meter: 1,386
 
3,589 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flapflip22

It worked! Followed your instructions, then I used a CM 10.2 rom and a JB kernel and it worked just fine. Next I'm gonna s-off and superCID it so I wont have to go through any of this again, and then flash the ROM and kernel I want. Probably not gonna tinker anymore until later when the newest HTC sense release comes out.

happy flashing

The Following User Says Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes