Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,427 Members 40,687 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Soft Brick, No OS, S-On,

Tip us?

unknowndevil
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Soft Brick, No OS, S-On,

Please help me on this

I was trying to upgrade my HTC one m7 from sense 5 (firmware 4.1.2) to sense 6, and I failed miserably, thus I was trying to factory reset and next thing I know I do not have OS

My phone is HTC One m7 AT&T

HBOOT-1.44.0000
Radio-4A.14.3250.13
OpenDSP-v26.120.274.0202

so my problem is I don't know what kind of RUU should I download, doesn't matter original stock version or latest version (which I prefer because I want have updated firmware)

I also don't know how to S-off at this stage (soft brick) as rumrunner doesn't seem to be working. Do I need to S-off in order to install RUU to my phone? I did manage to get my TWRP to 2.6.3.3

Thank You

majmoz
Old
Thanks Meter 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknowndevil View Post
Please help me on this

I was trying to upgrade my HTC one m7 from sense 5 (firmware 4.1.2) to sense 6, and I failed miserably, thus I was trying to factory reset and next thing I know I do not have OS

My phone is HTC One m7 AT&T

HBOOT-1.44.0000
Radio-4A.14.3250.13
OpenDSP-v26.120.274.0202

so my problem is I don't know what kind of RUU should I download, doesn't matter original stock version or latest version (which I prefer because I want have updated firmware)

I also don't know how to S-off at this stage (soft brick) as rumrunner doesn't seem to be working. Do I need to S-off in order to install RUU to my phone? I did manage to get my TWRP to 2.6.3.3

Thank You
You can go to this site to get the latest update, you don't need S-OFF. Follow the instructions in the OP, since you have TWRP installed you might try the nandroid.
The best way to get me to reply is to quote or mention me @majmoz

If I was of help to you, please click the "Thanks" button!

Useful links:

nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
HTC 1 Guru by crushalot
[Collection] HTC One Stock Recoveries

unknowndevil
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by majmoz View Post
You can go to this site to get the latest update, you don't need S-OFF. Follow the instructions in the OP, since you have TWRP installed you might try the nandroid.
Thanks for the help, I was able to install Android 4.4.3 KTU84L Google Play Edition Rom and now my phone is working perfectly fine.

Now see if I can s-off and unlock my phone

Thanks for the help.