Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Soft brick(?)/usb drivers issue

OP bboybtek

25th August 2014, 09:49 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
Hey all! I'm having some big problems getting my phone working. I was running Venom One rom for a while but then decided to try out something else and installed the CM 11S. Again phone worked perfectly but I got used to using Venom so I wanted to go back to it. And that's where I fu**ed it I think... I've installed the rom (I'm using T.W.R.P 2.7.1.1, standard cache and data format) like previously and again everything went smoothly with no errors. However, when I restarted the phone it got stuck on HTC logo. But it wasn't stuck like you couldn't do anything, I could lock the screen and when I unlocked it it would present me with the usual lock screen, time, taskbar etc. but when you unlocked it it went back to the HTC logo O.o after a while an error popped up saying that the htc dialler was not responding. I haven't came across something like that ever before... So I went back to recovery and flashed the system again and again I had the exact same issue. So then I went and formatted everything including my internal storage, and that's where I made the biggest mistake. I forgot that I had the rom zip on internal storage and I'd lose it if I format the partition. No problem you'd say BUT I can't copy anything onto the phone.
When I connect the phone to my PC in recovery mode it just refuses to mount!! No matter which partition I want to mount, nothing comes up in my computer. I went on to the device manager and surely enough the HTC One is an unknown device... I tried side-loading the rom but the adb can't connect to the phone. I tried re-installing the HTC sync just to make sure I definitely have the usb drivers but still no luck. ADB devices command shows no devices connected. I've run out of ideas and I'm regretting my decision to try different roms...
I really don't want to buy a new phone so if anyone has ANY ideas please right it down. Thanks in advance!
25th August 2014, 10:37 PM   |  #2  
Flag Montreal, Quebec
Thanks Meter: 1,400

3,616 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bboybtek

Hey all! I'm having some big problems getting my phone working. I was running Venom One rom for a while but then decided to try out something else and installed the CM 11S. Again phone worked perfectly but I got used to using Venom so I wanted to go back to it. And that's where I fu**ed it I think... I've installed the rom (I'm using T.W.R.P 2.7.1.1, standard cache and data format) like previously and again everything went smoothly with no errors. However, when I restarted the phone it got stuck on HTC logo. But it wasn't stuck like you couldn't do anything, I could lock the screen and when I unlocked it it would present me with the usual lock screen, time, taskbar etc. but when you unlocked it it went back to the HTC logo O.o after a while an error popped up saying that the htc dialler was not responding. I haven't came across something like that ever before... So I went back to recovery and flashed the system again and again I had the exact same issue. So then I went and formatted everything including my internal storage, and that's where I made the biggest mistake. I forgot that I had the rom zip on internal storage and I'd lose it if I format the partition. No problem you'd say BUT I can't copy anything onto the phone.
When I connect the phone to my PC in recovery mode it just refuses to mount!! No matter which partition I want to mount, nothing comes up in my computer. I went on to the device manager and surely enough the HTC One is an unknown device... I tried side-loading the rom but the adb can't connect to the phone. I tried re-installing the HTC sync just to make sure I definitely have the usb drivers but still no luck. ADB devices command shows no devices connected. I've run out of ideas and I'm regretting my decision to try different roms...
I really don't want to buy a new phone so if anyone has ANY ideas please right it down. Thanks in advance!

don't worry, you'll not have to buy another phone. Your issue is one of the most common issue we see here. First I will recommend you to use twrp 2.7.1.1 only to flash CM11 based roms and use twrp 2.6.3.3 or 2.6.3.4 for any Sense based roms.

You will first need to fix your drivers issue so you can adb push or adb sideload the rom to your phone again. there is a guide linked in my signature (nkk71's guide). In this thread, there is instruction (in the FAQ #2) about how to solve drivers issues.

When your drivers issue are solved, flash twrp 2.6.3.3:

Code:
fastboot flash recovery name_of_recovery.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot-bootloader
then boot in twrp 2.6.3.3 and adb push or sideload venom and hopefully it will be able to boot and it will be stable.
Last edited by alray; 25th August 2014 at 10:41 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th August 2014, 11:22 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray

don't worry, you'll not have to buy another phone. Your issue is one of the most common issue we see here. First I will recommend you to use twrp 2.7.1.1 only to flash CM11 based roms and use twrp 2.6.3.3 or 2.6.3.4 for any Sense based roms.

You will first need to fix your drivers issue so you can adb push or adb sideload the rom to your phone again. there is a guide linked in my signature (nkk71's guide). In this thread, there is instruction (in the FAQ #2) about how to solve drivers issues.

When your drivers issue are solved, flash twrp 2.6.3.3:

Code:
fastboot flash recovery name_of_recovery.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot-bootloader
then boot in twrp 2.6.3.3 and adb push or sideload venom and hopefully it will be able to boot and it will be stable.

The only weird thing is, I used the 2.7.1.1 to flash the sense rom in first place and everything worked fine :/ . Anyway, thanks for the shout! I'll give it a try right now and see how it goes.
26th August 2014, 12:51 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

11 posts
Right, I'm having problems installing the drivers for some reason. The ones downloaded from this thread don't seem to be doing anything at all. When click on them they show up for a split second in task manager and then they disappear. No install wizard no nothing. So i downloaded the ones for Windows 7 from here but this just gives me a message that "Windows could not find driver software for your device." . I mean, what the hell? O.o

Edit: Right, after a lot of struggle I've managed to successfully bring my phone back to life! I have no idea what caused the issues with installing the drivers. I've spent ages deleting every trace of HTC drivers, then installed Windows 7 ones and somehow it worked. Then flashed t.w.r.p 2.6.3.3 and venom and it seems to be working smoothly! Hopefully no more problems . Thanks a lot for helping out man!
Last edited by bboybtek; 26th August 2014 at 01:26 AM. Reason: Problem solved
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread