[SOLVED] Is there NO solution for my bootloader stuck HTC One with s-on?

Search This thread

Crossvxm

May 26, 2013
New York
@majmoz

Okay so you're amazing. I installed TWRP and it works, which gives me some relief. Now the only problem is, how do I get the Guru Reset on my phone? I can't seem to drop it in using android file transfer. Any solutions?

I know you can push files thru TWRP on Windows, using the Koush universal ADB driver, but not sure how it goes on other OS. When you have a device without an SD card slot, it is always best to have a USB OTG (On-The-Go) cable along with a flash drive. It makes life so much easier when your stuck on TWRP and no OS or on TWRP with a bricked OS and no rom to install. That's what I use since not every device is supported by the universal driver.

fifaman

Sep 14, 2014
@majmoz

YOU ARE A GOD. You've fixed my phone. I was so sure that I bricked this thing and that I wouldn't be able to ever use it again.

I am also able able to give my mother a nice HTC One (instead of her old nokia). Im so grateful for your help!

majmoz

Oct 18, 2010
Sonoita
@majmoz

YOU ARE A GOD. You've fixed my phone. I was so sure that I bricked this thing and that I wouldn't be able to ever use it again.

I am also able able to give my mother a nice HTC One (instead of her old nokia). Im so grateful for your help!

You are welcome! Could you edit your first post and put [Solved] in the header?

majmoz

Oct 18, 2010
Sonoita
yes unlocked and using twrp v2.6.3.3 but i dont manage to go further..what should i do?
As I further understand this: when you boot into recovery and run adb devices it gives you your serial # and states offline? Just an experiment can you boot back into bootloader and type the command fastboot devices? Does it say offline as well?

scriciu

Sep 17, 2014
As I further understand this: when you boot into recovery and run adb devices it gives you your serial # and states offline? Just an experiment can you boot back into bootloader and type the command fastboot devices? Does it say offline as well?

when in fastboot and type fastboot devices it brings my serial and fastboot "SHxxxxxxxx fastboot"
when in twrp and type adb device it give the serial and offline

L.E. turning off the device and power it on it apears the htc logo and pops up a driver failed to install "HTC MTP Device" then the device it reboot itself directly into TWRP

Last edited:

majmoz

Oct 18, 2010
Sonoita
when in fastboot and type fastboot devices it brings my serial and fastboot "SHxxxxxxxx fastboot"
when in twrp and type adb device it give the serial and offline

L.E. turning off the device and power it on it apears the htc logo and pops up a driver failed to install "HTC MTP Device" then the device it reboot itself directly into TWRP
After you re-install the adb & fastboot disconnect your phone from the computer. Then reboot the computer and open the command window. Type: adb kill-server then when it is finished type: adb start-server. Now connect your phone to the PC. Type: adb devices

Laccee

Jun 26, 2014
Kinda in the same shoes

@majmoz

I see you know a lot of these things, i'm trying to help a friend over teamviewer.
He wanted to do a backup, but he had no files to load, there was a date in there still, and there is no os now.
But, even further, the phone had usb debugging turned off i think.
We tried every driver, every recovery, and i can't seem to push a file to it... bootloader is unlocked, there is CWM recovery on it currently, but that can be changed.

Big problem, we have, fastboot devices show the phone, adb devices does not. So adb sideload is not working, or any push.
Gave a shot to your method in here, with the fastboot, there is this message all the time... FAILED (remote: 22 loading zip info fail) I tried to flash a RUU, and a rom also.

Any suggestions? we're on windows 7

Edit: I managed to fix driver issues, i did a system restore on his pc over teamviewer, that helped a lot.
Installed TWRP and adb works now, so i pushed the file, and it's installing....

Last edited:

kaporegime

Sep 21, 2014
@majmoz

I see you know a lot of these things, i'm trying to help a friend over teamviewer.
He wanted to do a backup, but he had no files to load, there was a date in there still, and there is no os now.
But, even further, the phone had usb debugging turned off i think.
We tried every driver, every recovery, and i can't seem to push a file to it... bootloader is unlocked, there is CWM recovery on it currently, but that can be changed.

Big problem, we have, fastboot devices show the phone, adb devices does not. So adb sideload is not working, or any push.
Gave a shot to your method in here, with the fastboot, there is this message all the time... FAILED (remote: 22 loading zip info fail) I tried to flash a RUU, and a rom also.

Any suggestions? we're on windows 7

Edit: I managed to fix driver issues, i did a system restore on his pc over teamviewer, that helped a lot.
Installed TWRP and adb works now, so i pushed the file, and it's installing....

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.57.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4T.27.3218.14
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 5.12.707.3
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: SH39TW900372
(bootloader) imei: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(bootloader) meid: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0714000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__044
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 3833mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-1f512bb6
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.049s

guys can you find a suitable ruu and firmware please, im having this same issue as stated on thread header

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @majmoz

Okay so you're amazing. I installed TWRP and it works, which gives me some relief. Now the only problem is, how do I get the Guru Reset on my phone? I can't seem to drop it in using android file transfer. Any solutions?
    Here is the entire procedure you have already got most of it complete.

Originally posted by @alray
    HTC ONE M7_U/M7_UL - ADB PUSH & FLASH A ROM - DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS

Prerequisites:
    • You need ADB and FASTBOOT on your computer,
      either by installing the Android SDK or Minimal ADB and FASTBOOT
    • You need to know how to start a fastboot/adb command prompt:
      To open a command window prompt, in Windows go to Start Menu --> ''Run'' then type cmd. Change the directory to the ADB folder on your machine:
      • If using the default install location for the SDK:
        Code:
        cd C:\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-<DATE>\sdk\platform-tools
      • If using the default install location of Minimal ADB and FASTBOOT:
        Code:
        cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot
      • Or hold left shift + right click a blank space inside the folder where adb and fastboot are located and select ''Open command window here'' from the contextual menu.
        Open%20command%20window.png
    • You need TWRP recovery on your device.
      We still recommend to use version 2.6.3.3 for all roms
      except if another version is specified in the rom OP.
      Use 2.7.1.1+ for roms that require "block:by-name" support (CM11)

1. Unlock bootloader if not already unlocked:

Thanks to Electroz for the video tutorial
      2. Flash TWRP Recovery:
        1. Make sure the recovery.img file is in the same folder where adb and fastboot are located
          (C:\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-<DATE>\sdk\platform-tools or C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot)
        2. reboot phone in bootloader mode
        3. Flash the recovery:
          Code:
          fastboot flash recovery name_of_recovery.img
          fastboot erase cache
          fastboot reboot-bootloader

• You need your HTC drivers correctly installed on your PC:

device%20manager.png

If not, follow this guide (thanks to nkk71):
      originally from @nkk71: [GUIDE] [02-MAR-2014] nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock

follow the below instructions to fix

Open "Device Manager" -> select the unknown "One" -> right-click -> "Update Driver Software ..." -> "Browse my computer" -> "Let me pick" -> "Android USB Devices" -> select "My HTC ..." -> install that
      just in case, HTC Drivers can be found here: [Drivers] HTC Drivers for Windows - Several Versions (credits to @mdmower)
      though you should already have them since you have been using your phone anyways

for those who like a visual guide:

okay so I did a fastboot boot command, and as you can see it didnt install correct driver
      28ioxf6.jpg

Open "Device Manager"
      2ywxpp3.jpg

there's the culprit
      312v6me.jpg

right click and Update Driver Software
      2ivmu5k.jpg

select Browse my computer for driver software
      357qek7.jpg

select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
      2582flf.jpg

select Android USB Devices
      143jar8.jpg

select My HTC ... (if you have more than one version, choose the latest)
      axea9h.jpg

warning, select Yes
      14lhelv.jpg

successful installation
      21btc3d.jpg

now it looks better :)
      zwx53s.jpg

and can confirm:
      Code:
      C:\ADB3>[B]adb devices[/B]
      List of devices attached
      HTxxxxxxxxxx    recovery
    Procedure:
    1. Make sure the ROM you want to flash is in the same folder where ADB and FASTBOOT are.
      (C:\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-<DATE>\sdk\platform-tools or C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot)
      minimal%20adb%20folder.png

Here is a list of the HTC M7 roms. Some other roms can be found here.
    2. Connect your phone to computer using usb cable
      (if not using the official HTC USB calble, make sure
      you are using a USB data cable and not only a charging
      cable. Data cables have 4 contacts: 5V, GND, DATA+, DATA-.
      Charging cable only have 5V and GND contact and will not work)
    3. Reboot phone in recovery mode (TWRP):
      • If phone is booted in OS:
        Code:
        adb reboot recovery
        adb%20reboot%20recovery.png
      • if not booted or bootlooping, hold power button + volume down until phone boot in bootloader mode
        then select BOOTLOADER then RECOVERY using volume up/down to navigate and power button to select.
    4. Make sure your phone is booted in TWRP main menu:
      main%20menu.png
    5. transfer the rom to your /sdcard folder:
      Code:
      adb push name_of_rom.zip /sdcard/

Wait for the zip file to transfer, this can take several minutes (5-15) and there is no progress bar, the command prompt will be unresponsive for that duration. When the command prompt is responsive again and display how much bytes transferred in X seconds, the transfer is completed:
      ADB%20PUSH.png

6. In TWRP main menu, select ''INSTALL''
    7. Browse the installation menu and select your rom zip file inside /sdcard folder:
      install.png
    8. Swipe to confirm you want to flash the rom
      swipe.gif
    9. Reboot phone