Shoot Troubles, Not Users w/ Alex Boag-Munroe – XDA:DevCon 2014

In presenting the various sessions from XDA:DevCon 2014, weve mainly … more

Oppo Releases ColorOS for the Find 5… Poorly

Almost every OEM has taken the liberty of creating its own incarnation of the Android OS. … more

XDA LG Development Challenge Winners

Almost 3months ago, we set out with LGto findtwo amazing apps that developers could put together … more

Wearable Apps w/ Andreas Göransson – XDA:DevCon 2014

XDA:DevCon 2014 in Manchester, UK featured quite a few interesting topics as … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

sprint htc one keeps rebooting even after ruu

OP WICK3DREAP3R

4th August 2014, 12:44 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag arvada
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
More
i have a sprint htc one and it is being quite a pain in the a**. i had gotten it flashed to cricket a few months ago but like a month ago i flashed a sense based rom and it showed up with htc.htcdialer not responding. so i flashed a aosp rom back and it was fine except every once and a while it would reboot and i would have no baseband or anything until i flashed the radio through CWM and it worked. so today i decided to try and restore it to stock using a RUU but after it booted it worked for a min then it rebooted and when it came back on it showed a black screen with the status bar but i could pull the notification drawer down and access the settings but it keeps rebooting

and on top of that i cant flash a custom recovery it comes up with
FAILED (remote: not allowed)

im at a loss idk what to do ive been up night and day trying to fix this someone please help :c rying:
4th August 2014, 01:06 AM   |  #2  
Flag Sonoita
Thanks Meter: 352

1,208 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WICK3DREAP3R

i have a sprint htc one and it is being quite a pain in the a**. i had gotten it flashed to cricket a few months ago but like a month ago i flashed a sense based rom and it showed up with htc.htcdialer not responding. so i flashed a aosp rom back and it was fine except every once and a while it would reboot and i would have no baseband or anything until i flashed the radio through CWM and it worked. so today i decided to try and restore it to stock using a RUU but after it booted it worked for a min then it rebooted and when it came back on it showed a black screen with the status bar but i could pull the notification drawer down and access the settings but it keeps rebooting

and on top of that i cant flash a custom recovery it comes up with
FAILED (remote: not allowed)

im at a loss idk what to do ive been up night and day trying to fix this someone please help :c rying:

Did you try to flash the latest RUU 5.03.651.3? If not, then download it from this site and follow the instructions in the OP. The MD5 for this RUU is 9ae375b6022e823fa4f90226115b0c54. Double check the MD5 to ensure you didn't have a corrupt download. If you are still S-ON, then you will have to re-lock your bootloader prior to running this RUU.
4th August 2014, 05:00 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag arvada

8 posts
More
so i restored my phone to stock using the ruu you gave me but when it boots up it shows the lock screen then when i unlock it it shows a white screen with a green htc logo and i can just see the status bar if i pull down from the top
and its still rebooting every few min and it shows htc.htcdialer not responding
4th August 2014, 05:23 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag arvada

8 posts
More
and i cant flash a custom recovery
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	15
Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	2882999  
4th August 2014, 07:00 AM   |  #5  
Flag Sonoita

1,208 posts
More
Quote:

so i restored my phone to stock using the ruu you gave me but when it boots up it shows the lock screen then when i unlock it it shows a white screen with a green htc logo and i can just see the status bar if i pull down from the top
and its still rebooting every few min and it shows htc.htcdialer not responding

The RUU should have put everything back to stock. Did the RUU complete properly without any failures? You can try and run the RUU again paying close attentions to the steps and double check the MD5. If that doesn't work, then download the firmware from the same site and flash it. This will give you the correct radio, hboot and stock recovery. Are you able to get to Settings and check About to see if your imei and baseband are present? If not, it may be a hardware issue which would require returning the phone to Sprint or HTC.
4th August 2014, 07:26 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Flag arvada

8 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by majmoz

The RUU should have put everything back to stock. Did the RUU complete properly without any failures? You can try and run the RUU again paying close attentions to the steps and double check the MD5. If that doesn't work, then download the firmware from the same site and flash it. This will give you the correct radio, hboot and stock recovery. Are you able to get to Settings and check About to see if your imei and baseband are present? If not, it may be a hardware issue which would require returning the phone to Sprint or HTC.

so i unlocked the bootloader and flashed a custom recovery and i flashed a custom rom its the bad boyz sprint one rom
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2635051

but it still just unlocks to the white htc screen with com.htc.htcdialer is not responding

and i dont know if i can return it to sprint since its flashed to cricket
5th August 2014, 12:01 AM   |  #7  
Flag Sonoita

1,208 posts
More
Quote:

so i unlocked the bootloader and flashed a custom recovery and i flashed a custom rom its the bad boyz sprint one rom
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2635051

but it still just unlocks to the white htc screen with com.htc.htcdialer is not responding

and i dont know if i can return it to sprint since its flashed to cricket

1. Did you run the RUU again?
2. Did you flash the firmware?
3. Are the baseband & imei in your Settings?
4. Do you mean you have an unlocked SIM to Cricket?

One of the fixes for htcdialer is to do a factory reset in bootloader, another was to reinstall the radio. If you were to flash the stock firmware, it would have accomplished both of these objectives. Prior to flashing it, copy what you can off of your phone and save to your computer. Note: For most GSM phones (yours is a CDMA) when you flash the firmware it fails on this command fastboot flash zip firmware.zip you just have to re-enter the command a second time. If it works the first time thru then great.
9th August 2014, 07:35 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Flag arvada

8 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by majmoz

1. Did you run the RUU again?
2. Did you flash the firmware?
3. Are the baseband & imei in your Settings?
4. Do you mean you have an unlocked SIM to Cricket?

One of the fixes for htcdialer is to do a factory reset in bootloader, another was to reinstall the radio. If you were to flash the stock firmware, it would have accomplished both of these objectives. Prior to flashing it, copy what you can off of your phone and save to your computer. Note: For most GSM phones (yours is a CDMA) when you flash the firmware it fails on this command fastboot flash zip firmware.zip you just have to re-enter the command a second time. If it works the first time thru then great.

yes i ran the RUU more than once
by what firmware do you mean?
no my baseband and imei are UNKNOWN in settings but when i do fastboot getvar all it shows them
and no i took it to a phone store and they flashed it to cricket since they said that the sprint gsm radios wouldnt work with cricket

i havent tried the factory reset in my bootloader yet because i flashed CM11 M9 SNAPSHOT so it would work because no matter what sense-based rom i flash it comes up with the htcdialer and i have tried to flash every sprint radio i could through CWM but when i restart it it shows an unknown baseband
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-08-05-17-51-34.png
Views:	7
Size:	203.8 KB
ID:	2890258   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-08-05-17-51-53.png
Views:	8
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	2890259  

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread