No registration required

[Q] Stock camera keeps vanishing??

OP joem789

20th August 2014, 05:23 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

25 posts
UPDATE:

Nevermind. I solved the problem. Jusy installed Bad Boyz Sprint Sense 6 rom and everything now works alot better.

After having boatloads of problems that came out of the blue, I had to RUU my Sprint M7 back to stock. Luckily that fixed everything it seems. All except the camera app. I could open the app. But it would do nothing but stay frozen for a few seconds and then crash. I had previously been using the Jishnu camera mod. So I flashed it. It showed that it flashed successfully. But after rebooting, the camera was completely missing. The camera apk was in the system apps folder. But it was nowhere to be found in Settings or anywhere else.

So I went a step further and installed a stock Sprint M7 deodexed rom. That brought the camera back. But it was the same problem all over again. Frozen. Would not work at all. Installing the camera mod changed the icon to a green Android bot. When clicking the icon, it would show "App isn't installed" or something similar.

Next I went into app settings and cleared the data under "HTC Sense". That seemed to reset the home screen. And the camera app icon was completely gone once again.

Is there some way to fix this problem? I don't really get why this is happening, even after re flashing the whole OS. I am familiar with manually moving files into the system directory. But not sure how to set permissions.

Phone is rooted.
Last edited by joem789; 20th August 2014 at 05:49 AM. Reason: solved
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread