Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,018 Members 44,174 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Going stock with S-On

Tip us?

sh33z0r
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Going stock with S-On

Hello, first let me apologize if this issue has been covered already,
I've been searching for a solution more than a week and going over dozens threads here on XDA without finding an answer for my problem.

i have o2uk m7ul with hboot 1.57, emmc 9001 running stock rooted 4.4.2, twpr recovery, tempered and unlocked by htcdev and im looking for a way to go stock so i can update my rom and fw

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.57.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4T.27.3218.14
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 5.12.206.3
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0710000
(bootloader) cidnum: O2___001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 3836mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-1f512bb6
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0

this is what i've tried so far, please tell me if im missing something
1. i cant s-off the device with firewater or similar due to my emmc, although i didnt tried yet flashing bulletproof or cm nightly kernels (reading users feedback it didn't helped with this specific emmc)
2. i can relock, unroot and try to OTA, but i need the original recovery which i can't find for my device, i found an old recovery but probably ota will fail.
3. i have identical stock device, but i can't pull the recovery from it due to the hboot 1.57 version.
4. i can flash 4.4.3 custom rom or even stock rom but it won't update my firmware - firmware flashing is impossible (s-on)
5. i have o2 ruu.exe for KK4.4 sense 5.5, is it safe to oem lock and run it from fastboot? or i'll brick my device? if it is safe to use the RUU, will updating from 4.4 to 4.4.2 and then to 4.4.3 with OTA possible?

alray
Old
Thanks Meter 1,094

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh33z0r View Post
Hello, first let me apologize if this issue has been covered already,
I've been searching for a solution more than a week and going over dozens threads here on XDA without finding an answer for my problem.

i have o2uk m7ul with hboot 1.57, emmc 9001 running stock rooted 4.4.2, twpr recovery, tempered and unlocked by htcdev and im looking for a way to go stock so i can update my rom and fw

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.57.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4T.27.3218.14
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 5.12.206.3
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0710000
(bootloader) cidnum: O2___001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 3836mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-1f512bb6
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0

this is what i've tried so far, please tell me if im missing something
1. i cant s-off the device with firewater or similar due to my emmc, although i didnt tried yet flashing bulletproof or cm nightly kernels (reading users feedback it didn't helped with this specific emmc)
2. i can relock, unroot and try to OTA, but i need the original recovery which i can't find for my device, i found an old recovery but probably ota will fail.
3. i have identical stock device, but i can't pull the recovery from it due to the hboot 1.57 version.
4. i can flash 4.4.3 custom rom or even stock rom but it won't update my firmware - firmware flashing is impossible (s-on)
5. i have o2 ruu.exe for KK4.4 sense 5.5, is it safe to oem lock and run it from fastboot? or i'll brick my device? if it is safe to use the RUU, will updating from 4.4 to 4.4.2 and then to 4.4.3 with OTA possible?
you should try what said at #5

#4: not true, you can flash firmware on s-on as long as the firmware is signed (from htc) and same or higher version

regarding s-off, i think its now posible for 9001 emmc using sunshine s-off, but its a paid exploit (25 usd)
If I've helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want a reply, quote or mention me using @alray

Useful links for the HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot
The Following User Says Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sh33z0r
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray View Post
you should try what said at #5

#4: not true, you can flash firmware on s-on as long as the firmware is signed (from htc) and same or higher version

regarding s-off, i think its now posible for 9001 emmc using sunshine s-off, but its a paid exploit (25 usd)
thanks for the quick reply, much appreciated.
are those firmwares that posted under development sub forum (with no red text/no warning...) are signed by htc? is the firmware need to mach my specific cid as OTA? or i can flash without worrying to much since its higher than my 5.12 firmware?

SaHiLzZ
Old
Thanks Meter 417
You need x.x.206.x firmware.zip which is higher than your current firmware. With s-on, you are stuck like that
The Following User Says Thank You to SaHiLzZ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sh33z0r
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaHiLzZ View Post
You need x.x.206.x firmware.zip which is higher than your current firmware. With s-on, you are stuck like that
thanks! so it seems there is no new firmware for the o2uk devices atm...
just out of curiosity, is there any difference between the firmwares? lets say between the x.x.206.x and x.x.401.x versions? are those versions dedicated to regions? NA/europe/asia?
if i was with s-off, flashing 401 firmware can damage my radio or anything else?

Howie3045
Old
Thanks Meter 15
save yourself the headaches and get s-off.

sh33z0r
Old
(Last edited by sh33z0r; 27th August 2014 at 07:47 PM.) Reason: typo
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
ok small update, i got the ota (ver: 6.14.206.2) file, i've extracted the firmware.zip file and tried to flash it but it failed time after time, any special preps for it? do i need to relock my bootloader before flashing firmware.zip?

sh33z0r
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
ok so just to end up my story with a solution, as i wasn't able to flash firmware, i've tried one last thing.

1. extracting from firmware file the recovery image and flashing it
2. fastboot oem lock
3. applying OTA, i was sure it will fail, but it didnt, it applied the OTA even without unrooting

so bottom line, im on stock 4.4.3 right now with new 6.14.206.2 firmware, lost my root though...