Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,924 Members 45,501 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Strange charging

Tip us?

Philipp_94
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default [Q] Strange charging

After I flashed the new IC 3.0.5 i got a huge charging problem.
At first my phone charged very slowly. First I thought that it is a consequence of the hboot update. But it isn't.
Then over night and today there was no charging at all. I nearly cried.
Now that I reflashed IC 3.0.3 my phone charges again.

Now my question: is my phone bricked? With GSAM battery monitor and other programs or the #xxx# method with the dialer
everything says that my battery is ok. When I connect my phone to my PC there is no problem with the connection but the slow charging still is a thing.

My Phone:
  • HTC One M7 801n
  • Rom: InsertCoin 6th Sense
  • Recovery: TWRP
  • Unlocked and S-OFF
Siemens A55 ---> Sony Ericsson W200i ---> Sony Ericsson W302i ---> Nokia N73 ---> Nokia 6600i ---> Samsung S5230 --->
iPhone 2g ---> HTC Dream/G1 ---> Samsung Omnia 7 ---> HTC HD2 ---> iPhone 4 ---> HTC One
every phone dreams of being unlocked

donkeykong1
Old
(Last edited by donkeykong1; 1st July 2014 at 01:09 AM.)
Thanks Meter 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipp_94 View Post
After I flashed the new IC 3.0.5 i got a huge charging problem.
At first my phone charged very slowly. First I thought that it is a consequence of the hboot update. But it isn't.
Then over night and today there was no charging at all. I nearly cried.
Now that I reflashed IC 3.0.3 my phone charges again.

Now my question: is my phone bricked? With GSAM battery monitor and other programs or the #xxx# method with the dialer
everything says that my battery is ok. When I connect my phone to my PC there is no problem with the connection but the slow charging still is a thing.
Do you even know what "bricked" means? You can use the phone, and it charges. What's with the brick question? I'm not trying to thrash you, but you could at least find out what bricked means before you asked such stupid question. To answer your question - no, it's not bricked
The Following User Says Thank You to donkeykong1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Philipp_94
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeykong1 View Post
Do you even know what "bricked" means? You can use the phone, and it charges. What's with the brick question? I'm not trying to thrash you, but you could at least find out what bricked means before you asked such stupid question. To answer your question - no, it's not bricked
I know what bricked means. Just after the last flash it doesn't charge like it did before. I just want to know why and (if) how I can fix it.

My Phone:
  • HTC One M7 801n
  • Unlocked and S-OFF
Siemens A55 ---> Sony Ericsson W200i ---> Sony Ericsson W302i ---> Nokia N73 ---> Nokia 6600i ---> Samsung S5230 --->
iPhone 2g ---> HTC Dream/G1 ---> Samsung Omnia 7 ---> HTC HD2 ---> iPhone 4 ---> HTC One

donkeykong1
Old
Thanks Meter 351
Quote:
I know what bricked means. Just after the last flash it doesn't charge like it did before. I just want to know why and (if) how I can fix it.
How long does it charge? My phone charges about 2.5 hours from 0% to 100% on my current ROM. On some other ROMs I tried it charged almost 5 hours. Anyway, slow charge is even better than fast one if you ask me. Your battery doesn't heat as much and thus getting charged better and lower amp values give more complete charge than high values from faster charge
The Following User Says Thank You to donkeykong1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Philipp_94
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
How long does it charge? My phone charges about 2.5 hours from 0% to 100% on my current ROM. On some other ROMs I tried it charged almost 5 hours. Anyway, slow charge is even better than fast one if you ask me. Your battery doesn't heat as much and thus getting charged better and lower amp values give more complete charge than high values from faster charge
It takes about 10 hours.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

My Phone:
  • HTC One M7 801n
  • Unlocked and S-OFF

donkeykong1
Old
Thanks Meter 351
Quote:
It takes about 10 hours.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
What??? Did you try with another charger? Dou you have fastcharge option enabled? For me fastcharge slowed down normal charging. Anyway, 10 hours is waaay to long. You can backup your ROM anf flash another just to se how it charges on other ROM. If it's the same, then you have a hardware problem

Philipp_94
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
What??? Did you try with another charger? Dou you have fastcharge option enabled? For me fastcharge slowed down normal charging. Anyway, 10 hours is waaay to long. You can backup your ROM anf flash another just to se how it charges on other ROM. If it's the same, then you have a hardware problem
I didn't have fastcharge enabled. I have no kernel for it installed. I have a 2amh charger and when i play games on the charger it discharges. I don't know if that has something to do with the firmware update on 6.xx or is it because my rom isn't on the 6.xx base?

My Phone:
  • HTC One M7 801n
  • Unlocked and S-OFF

donkeykong1
Old
Thanks Meter 351
Quote:
I didn't have fastcharge enabled. I have no kernel for it installed. I have a 2amh charger and when i play games on the charger it discharges. I don't know if that has something to do with the firmware update on 6.xx or is it because my rom isn't on the 6.xx base?
Firmware shouldn't cause it. I'm on old firmware, bit my phone charges fine. As I said, try some other ROM and see if it charges fine to rule out hardware fault. If you want to deal with backing up and reflashing that is. I remembered one more thing just now. What recovery do you have?

sith79
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Mine phone also discharged when playing games connected on charger. Without touching it, it took about 5h to charge, stock unrooted phone. Turned out that problem was in USB extention cord i used between charger and phone.. Now it charges in 2,5h.

Philipp_94
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Firmware shouldn't cause it. I'm on old firmware, bit my phone charges fine. As I said, try some other ROM and see if it charges fine to rule out hardware fault. If you want to deal with backing up and reflashing that is. I remembered one more thing just now. What recovery do you have?
I did a Factory rest last night and now it seems to charge faster about 10% in 3/4h. I use the twrp 2.6.3.3

My Phone:
  • HTC One M7 801n
  • Unlocked and S-OFF