How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Stuck on Cyanogenmod Simple Recovery

OP Perez92

10th August 2014, 04:57 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
New York
Thanks Meter: 0

35 posts
More
Hi,

I'm in desperate need of some help and am not sure what to do. My HTC One m7 got stuck in Cyanogenmod Simple Recovery after the latest update. It will keep rebooting back into Simple Recovery. Is there any way to get my phone back either to stock or to Cyanogenmod?

I always just left it on Cyanogenmod so I'm not very familiar with flashing or other programs. If anyone has any advice, could you please point me to the correct tutorials and downloads?

I am at a complete loss with how to get my phone to its original state.
10th August 2014, 06:43 AM   |  #2  
Flag Sonoita
Thanks Meter: 344

1,175 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perez92

Hi,

I'm in desperate need of some help and am not sure what to do. My HTC One m7 got stuck in Cyanogenmod Simple Recovery after the latest update. It will keep rebooting back into Simple Recovery. Is there any way to get my phone back either to stock or to Cyanogenmod?

I always just left it on Cyanogenmod so I'm not very familiar with flashing or other programs. If anyone has any advice, could you please point me to the correct tutorials and downloads?

I am at a complete loss with how to get my phone to its original state.

Follow this nkk71's Return to 100% Stock Guide!
10th August 2014, 06:48 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
New York

35 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by majmoz

Follow this nkk71's Return to 100% Stock Guide!

Thank you for the response, however my biggest issue is getting out of simple recovery. How do I install a new recovery, such as TWRP or CWM at the simple recovery screen and how do I flash the latest cyanogenmod rom?
10th August 2014, 08:18 PM   |  #4  
Flag Sonoita

1,175 posts
More
Quote:

Thank you for the response, however my biggest issue is getting out of simple recovery. How do I install a new recovery, such as TWRP or CWM at the simple recovery screen and how do I flash the latest cyanogenmod rom?

You will have to flash CWM recovery in bootloader/FASTBOOT USB. You can get the recovery from http://www.clockworkmod.com/rommanager find your phone then download the recovery.
In bootloader/FASTBOOT USB, flash CWM recovery (either rename the file CWM.img or type the whole name in place of CWM):
fastboot flash recovery CWM.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot-bootloader
The Following User Says Thank You to majmoz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th August 2014, 08:25 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
New York

35 posts
More
Quote:

You will have to flash CWM recovery in bootloader/FASTBOOT USB. You can get the recovery from http://www.clockworkmod.com/rommanager find your phone then download the recovery.
In bootloader/FASTBOOT USB, flash CWM recovery (either rename the file CWM.img or type the whole name in place of CWM):
fastboot erase cache

Thank you for replying.

So from what I'm understanding is that I will need to use ADB to sideload the recovery onto my phone, correct?

I'm not sure what the bootloader/FASTBOOT USB you refer to, I feel like I need it to be ELI5. My brain is melting when trying to read this.

P.S. I am STUCK in Cyanogenmod Simple Recovery. I am not able to power down the device or get to any other screen.
Last edited by Perez92; 10th August 2014 at 08:29 PM.
10th August 2014, 08:42 PM   |  #6  
Flag Sonoita

1,175 posts
More
Quote:

Thank you for replying.

So from what I'm understanding is that I will need to use ADB to sideload the recovery onto my phone, correct?

I'm not sure what the bootloader/FASTBOOT USB you refer to, I feel like I need it to be ELI5. My brain is melting when trying to read this.

No, you can not load the recovery with sideload. Have ADB & Fastboot installed on your computer, place the recovery file in the same folder and connect your phone to the computer.
Open a command window in the folder where ADB & fastboot reside.
Type: adb reboot bootloader
When the screen on your phone shows the white bootloader screen in blue will be FASTBOOT USB
Type one line at a time waiting until the cmd screen states OK or something similiar:
fastboot erase cache

Here is a guide on fastboot commands.
The Following User Says Thank You to majmoz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th August 2014, 07:44 AM   |  #7  
OP Member
New York

35 posts
More
Quote:

No, you can not load the recovery with sideload. Have ADB & Fastboot installed on your computer, place the recovery file in the same folder and connect your phone to the computer.
When the screen on your phone shows the white bootloader screen in blue will be FASTBOOT USB
Type one line at a time waiting until the cmd screen states OK or something similiar:
fastboot erase cache

So I was able to get my device past the first prompt. I now see the white bootloader screen and it does say "FASTBOOT USB". I downloaded the latest TWRP and placed it in the same folder as ADB and Fastboot. I did the second command to flash it, however I keep getting the error "error: cannot open 'TWRP.img'. Any idea as to what I could be doing wrong?
Last edited by Perez92; 11th August 2014 at 08:51 AM.
11th August 2014, 05:30 PM   |  #8  
OP Member
New York

35 posts
More
Quote:

fastboot erase cache

Got it to work. Used adb to get into fastboot. Then opened up the CM installer and let it redownload cyanogenmod onto my phone.

Thanks for the help!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread