Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,320 Members 39,412 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Telus RUU HTC One M7 Error??

Tip us?

djbeck811
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Telus RUU HTC One M7 Error??

Good Evening:

I have a HTC One M7UL with Telus (Canada). I have been having problems with the phone charging while it's on and my last ditch effort is to go back to stock and hope something that's wrong will correct itself.

I have HBoot 1.44, S-Off, returned recovery to stock, relocked bootloader, 1.29.661.

I tried using the RUU_M7_UL_K44_SENSE55_MR_TELUS_WWE_4.19.661.8_R_Ra dio_4T.24.3218.09_10.26.1718.01L_release_351500_si gned_2.exe to update and return to stock.

Everything goes fine until the RUU asks me to upgrade from 1.29 to which I select "yes" and then I get an Error (158) and it tells me to find the correct RUU.

Anybody have an idea what I'm doing wrong or if they have a different RUU that I should be using?

Any assistance that gets this working might receive a "donation"

thanks in advance.

liam_davenport
Old
Thanks Meter 196

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by djbeck811 View Post
Good Evening:

I have a HTC One M7UL with Telus (Canada). I have been having problems with the phone charging while it's on and my last ditch effort is to go back to stock and hope something that's wrong will correct itself.

I have HBoot 1.44, S-Off, returned recovery to stock, relocked bootloader, 1.29.661.

I tried using the RUU_M7_UL_K44_SENSE55_MR_TELUS_WWE_4.19.661.8_R_Ra dio_4T.24.3218.09_10.26.1718.01L_release_351500_si gned_2.exe to update and return to stock.

Everything goes fine until the RUU asks me to upgrade from 1.29 to which I select "yes" and then I get an Error (158) and it tells me to find the correct RUU.

Anybody have an idea what I'm doing wrong or if they have a different RUU that I should be using?

Any assistance that gets this working might receive a "donation"

thanks in advance.
You posted in the wrong section bud and what cid and mid are you?
Device: HTC One M7 Silver 32GB With Purple Tint
Carrier: H3G
ROM: InsertCoin v4.0.3
Kernel: Kangaroo v058

djbeck811
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by liam_davenport View Post
You posted in the wrong section bud and what cid and mid are you?
Sorry, what section should I post in..... In any case, I changed my CID to TELUS001 and my MID is PN0712000.

liam_davenport
Old
Thanks Meter 196

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Sorry, what section should I post in..... In any case, I changed my CID to TELUS001 and my MID is PN0712000.
Q & A and hmm you could try this? http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/guru_res...-22-661-1-zip/

djbeck811
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Looks promising, do I flash this from recovery, or do I do an ADB push or is there an exe in the zip I can run from the PC?

liam_davenport
Old
Thanks Meter 196

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Looks promising, do I flash this from recovery, or do I do an ADB push or is there an exe in the zip I can run from the PC?
install from recovery, you'll have to unlock your bootloader again though :/ and re name it to rom and just use command adb push rom.zip /sdcard

djbeck811
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
install from recovery, you'll have to unlock your bootloader again though :/ and re name it to rom and just use command adb push rom.zip /sdcard
Thanks, I'll give it a shot, I'll let you know how it goes.

liam_davenport
Old
Thanks Meter 196

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thanks, I'll give it a shot, I'll let you know how it goes.
No problem and ok

djbeck811
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
No problem and ok
I'm calling it quits for the night, it's late here. Now I can't get the PC or the MAC to see the adb device.....arrghhhhhh lol

djbeck811
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
No problem and ok
Just want to make sure, I just go into recovery, wipe and then install the file via recovery? Seems to easy. I don't have to relock bootloader or flash the stock recovery first?

Tags
ruu, stock, telus