Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

Telus RUU HTC One M7 Error??

80 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By djbeck811, Member on 22nd August 2014, 02:02 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Good Evening:

I have a HTC One M7UL with Telus (Canada). I have been having problems with the phone charging while it's on and my last ditch effort is to go back to stock and hope something that's wrong will correct itself.

I have HBoot 1.44, S-Off, returned recovery to stock, relocked bootloader, 1.29.661.

I tried using the RUU_M7_UL_K44_SENSE55_MR_TELUS_WWE_4.19.661.8_R_Ra dio_4T.24.3218.09_10.26.1718.01L_release_351500_si gned_2.exe to update and return to stock.

Everything goes fine until the RUU asks me to upgrade from 1.29 to which I select "yes" and then I get an Error (158) and it tells me to find the correct RUU.

Anybody have an idea what I'm doing wrong or if they have a different RUU that I should be using?

Any assistance that gets this working might receive a "donation"

thanks in advance.

22nd August 2014, 02:06 AM |#2  
Flag Normanton, West Yorkshire
Thanks Meter: 1,100

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djbeck811

Good Evening:

I have a HTC One M7UL with Telus (Canada). I have been having problems with the phone charging while it's on and my last ditch effort is to go back to stock and hope something that's wrong will correct itself.

I have HBoot 1.44, S-Off, returned recovery to stock, relocked bootloader, 1.29.661.

I tried using the RUU_M7_UL_K44_SENSE55_MR_TELUS_WWE_4.19.661.8_R_Ra dio_4T.24.3218.09_10.26.1718.01L_release_351500_si gned_2.exe to update and return to stock.

Everything goes fine until the RUU asks me to upgrade from 1.29 to which I select "yes" and then I get an Error (158) and it tells me to find the correct RUU.

Anybody have an idea what I'm doing wrong or if they have a different RUU that I should be using?

Any assistance that gets this working might receive a "donation"

thanks in advance.

You posted in the wrong section bud and what cid and mid are you?
22nd August 2014, 02:17 AM |#3  
OP Member
Fredericton, NB

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by liam_davenport

You posted in the wrong section bud and what cid and mid are you?

Sorry, what section should I post in..... In any case, I changed my CID to TELUS001 and my MID is PN0712000.
22nd August 2014, 02:21 AM |#4  

More
Quote:

Sorry, what section should I post in..... In any case, I changed my CID to TELUS001 and my MID is PN0712000.

Q & A and hmm you could try this? http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/guru_res...-22-661-1-zip/
22nd August 2014, 02:25 AM |#5  
OP Member
Fredericton, NB

More
Quote:

Q & A and hmm you could try this? http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/guru_res...-22-661-1-zip/

Looks promising, do I flash this from recovery, or do I do an ADB push or is there an exe in the zip I can run from the PC?
22nd August 2014, 02:31 AM |#6  

More
Quote:

Looks promising, do I flash this from recovery, or do I do an ADB push or is there an exe in the zip I can run from the PC?

install from recovery, you'll have to unlock your bootloader again though :/ and re name it to rom and just use command adb push rom.zip /sdcard
22nd August 2014, 02:35 AM |#7  
OP Member
Fredericton, NB

More
Quote:

install from recovery, you'll have to unlock your bootloader again though :/ and re name it to rom and just use command adb push rom.zip /sdcard

Thanks, I'll give it a shot, I'll let you know how it goes.
22nd August 2014, 02:42 AM |#8  

More
Quote:

Thanks, I'll give it a shot, I'll let you know how it goes.

No problem and ok
22nd August 2014, 04:06 AM |#9  
OP Member
Fredericton, NB

More
Quote:

No problem and ok

I'm calling it quits for the night, it's late here. Now I can't get the PC or the MAC to see the adb device.....arrghhhhhh lol
22nd August 2014, 04:14 AM |#10  
OP Member
Fredericton, NB

More
Quote:

No problem and ok

Just want to make sure, I just go into recovery, wipe and then install the file via recovery? Seems to easy. I don't have to relock bootloader or flash the stock recovery first?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ruu, stock, telus

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)