Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,829 Members 42,670 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Tried freeing up space and deleted storage/emulated/0/ now whole storage gone

Tip us?

datbitch
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Tried freeing up space and deleted storage/emulated/0/ now whole storage gone

How do i undo my screw up? Ok. So check this ish..... I was tryna free up room on my htc one, so i went into file manager, was lookin for unnecessary stuff to delete, and thats when i notice.. Inside the emulated folder are 2 folders, one named "0" and one named "legacy" so after going back and forth one to the other... I realized that the same exact files and folders as the other, so my retarded asss deleted one thinking it was just a duplicated folder. How could i be so stupid? So i looked up some claims of some solutions, downloaded the pc software they swore would recover everything. Nada... Zip. Zero... What can i do? The htc one has no removable sd card or removable battery and my phone is not rooted.... Please get back at me on this...i know people do this all the time and prolly beg for help cuz they have important pictures... But i am hurt above and beyond, my lil baby boy passed away july 17th this year and the only pictures we took with him is from the phone. I never copied or backed the photos up and they are just gone.

alray
Old
Thanks Meter 1,094

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by datbitch View Post
How do i undo my screw up? Ok. So check this ish..... I was tryna free up room on my htc one, so i went into file manager, was lookin for unnecessary stuff to delete, and thats when i notice.. Inside the emulated folder are 2 folders, one named "0" and one named "legacy" so after going back and forth one to the other... I realized that the same exact files and folders as the other, so my retarded asss deleted one thinking it was just a duplicated folder. How could i be so stupid? So i looked up some claims of some solutions, downloaded the pc software they swore would recover everything. Nada... Zip. Zero... What can i do? The htc one has no removable sd card or removable battery and my phone is not rooted.... Please get back at me on this...i know people do this all the time and prolly beg for help cuz they have important pictures... But i am hurt above and beyond, my lil baby boy passed away july 17th this year and the only pictures we took with him is from the phone. I never copied or backed the photos up and they are just gone.
/storage/emulated/0 and /storage/emulated/legacy are symbolic links of the same mount point: /sdcard. These symbolic link are used since android 4.2 for users account control. By wiping /storage/emulated/0, you have wiped the content of your internal sdcard.

Try a file recovery software like Asoftech Data Recovery or any other and see if you can recover your files. It may not be possible to recover all your files.
If I've helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want a reply, quote or mention me using @alray

Useful links for the HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot
The Following User Says Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]