5,814,720 Members 52,115 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Diasble HTC Dialer (No IMEI and Baseband Hardware issue)

Tip us?

xubx
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Diasble HTC Dialer (No IMEI and Baseband Hardware issue)

Hey Guys, my phone has run into a big problem,

The IMEI and Baseband vanished and the phone started to restart every 3 minutes with no cel reception

I tried everything and finally gave up on it, however now on the HD Revolution Rom 71 my phone does not restart anymore hence i can use it as a tab atleast.

However i keep on getting com.htc.htcdialer has stopped responding error, i get it a few times after which my phone halts.

Is there any way to disable the phone features completely so that i can use the phone as a tab atleast?

thanks guys

SaHiLzZ
Old
Thanks Meter 418
Yes.. delete com.htc.htcdialer from /system/app or /system/priv-app

or freeze/uninstall using titanium backup

addy187a
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Did this work for you? Mime has the same problem. Does anyone know what part of the hardware is broke?

Sent from my One using XDA Free mobile app

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by addy187a View Post
Did this work for you? Mime has the same problem. Does anyone know what part of the hardware is broke?

Sent from my One using XDA Free mobile app
you should try a flashing a full RUU first, sometimes it does actually fix the problem. if the ruu doesn't fix it, then it's probably a hardware problem

addy187a
Old
(Last edited by addy187a; 17th August 2014 at 08:22 PM.) Reason: Doesnt make sense
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71 View Post
you should try a flashing a full RUU first, sometimes it does actually fix the problem. if the ruu doesn't fix it, then it's probably a hardware problem
I tried the RUU, same issue, what part of the hardware do you think is broken? Theres no way a hardware issue can destroy the IMEI and Baseband causing the loss of mobile network but still show the full information of the specific phone in the CMD ADB thing! It must be the software which disables the IMEI if a part of the hardware has failed innit. God man, HTC is charging me 130 to fix it, I might aswell sell it for that price and get a Nokia to avoid these issues.