FORUMS

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Custom ROMs vs. Modular Tweaks

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to … more

AOSP 5.1 Lollipop for Nexus Q

Google Nexus Q is an intriguing device released with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. It was abandoned by … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 17 – 24)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Cannot receive OTA update

16th August 2014, 05:11 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hi Guys,

I recently got my hands on a used M7 but noticed that it is still stuck in Andriod 4.1.2. I tried running the RUU but when I check for OTA updates it still says no updates available.

I also discovered that there is a label that says this is a test device, perhaps that stops the device from getting OTA updates?

Here is what I got from fastboot:

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.43.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.13.3231.20
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 1.26.707.5
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader) serialno:
(bootloader) imei:
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN071****
(bootloader) cidnum: 11111111
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4230mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: off
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT

It will be great if someone can help me update this device Thanks!
Last edited by Divinity Shins; 16th August 2014 at 06:50 PM.
 
 
16th August 2014, 06:48 PM |#2  
majmoz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sonoita
Thanks Meter: 404
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divinity Shins

Hi Guys,

I recently got my hands on a used M7 but noticed that it is still stuck in Andriod 4.1.2. I tried running the RUU but when I check for OTA updates it still says no updates available.

I also discovered that there is a label that says this is a test device, perhaps that stops the device from getting OTA updates?

Here is what I got from fastboot:

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.43.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.13.3231.20
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 1.26.707.5
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader) serialno: Remove
(bootloader) imei: Remove
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN071****
(bootloader) cidnum: 11111111
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4230mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: off
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT

It will be great if someone can help me update this device Thanks!

In your post remove the imei and serialno.
You need to change your MID to PN0714000 and your CID to HTC__044 (eight characters). If you still do not receive OTA, here is a custom unsigned RUU 3.63.707.4 that you flash in bootloader. Or you could flash Guru_reset_m7_3-63-707-4-zip in TWRP.
Last edited by majmoz; 16th August 2014 at 06:59 PM. Reason: New info
16th August 2014, 06:56 PM |#3  
Quote:
Originally Posted by majmoz

In your post remove the imei and serialno.
You need to change your MID to PN0711000 and your CID to HTC__044 (eight characters). If you still do not receive OTA, here is a custom unsigned RUU 3.63.707.4 that you flash in bootloader. Or you could flash Guru_reset_m7_3-63-707-4-zip in TWRP.

majmoz, sorry to bug in, but i would recommend PN0710000 or PN0714000 because PN0711000 is the m7_u, and the OP has an m7_ul
The Following User Says Thank You to nkk71 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th August 2014, 07:14 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by majmoz

In your post remove the imei and serialno.
You need to change your MID to PN0714000 and your CID to HTC__044 (eight characters). If you still do not receive OTA, here is a custom unsigned RUU 3.63.707.4 that you flash in bootloader. Or you could flash Guru_reset_m7_3-63-707-4-zip in TWRP.

Hi,

Thanks for reminding me about the imei & serial#.

I assume this is the tool that I should use to change the CID and MID?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2535365

Sounds like flashing the custom RUU is an easier choice to me. I shall try changing the CID and MID first.
16th August 2014, 07:16 PM |#5  
@Divinity Shins

what region are you in / what do you want your phone to be
a) European unbranded
b) Asian unbranded
?
16th August 2014, 07:40 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71

@Divinity Shins

what region are you in / what do you want your phone to be
a) European unbranded
b) Asian unbranded
?

I'm in Hong Kong, but I don't really mind which area as long as I get the Andriod 4.4 now and all the future HTC upgrades (i.e Andriod L).
16th August 2014, 08:00 PM |#7  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divinity Shins

I'm in Hong Kong, but I don't really mind which area as long as I get the Andriod 4.4 now and all the future HTC upgrades (i.e Andriod L).

Sorry, I'm out at the moment to give detailed instructions, but you could go for PN0710000 and HTC__001 (European unbranded) and flash a x.xx.401.x ruu
16th August 2014, 09:07 PM |#8  
Seanie280672's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Halesowen
Thanks Meter: 638
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divinity Shins

I'm in Hong Kong, but I don't really mind which area as long as I get the Andriod 4.4 now and all the future HTC upgrades (i.e Andriod L).

not to jump nkk71 replies, but I just changed my phone to Dev edition last night in 30mins, it was very easy and got OTA's straight after booting.

Change cid to BS_US001 (always 8 characters)

Change MID to PN0712000 using this tool in a custom recovery: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2535365

download this firmware, put your phone into RUU mode and don't forget to flash it twice: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407579901

download this RUU and run it with your phone in fastboot USB mode: http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/ruu_m7_u..._signed_3-exe/

DONE !!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Seanie280672 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th August 2014, 11:56 AM |#9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I did it! Thanks everyone for the help
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes