Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,209 Members 36,628 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] "Unable to mount SD", can I access storage via PC?

Tip us?

koreiryuu
Old
(Last edited by koreiryuu; 18th July 2014 at 05:17 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] "Unable to mount SD", can I access storage via PC?

TL ; DR: Splash stuck on restart, "Mount attempt 1/2/3/4/5... Unable to mount SD card message" in recovery mode, need to access storage to retrieve files I'd rather not lose, is there any way to plug into a computer with the device in boot or recovery mode to access my files?

Long verson:
I haven't rooted my phone or downloaded any weird or strange apps. I didn't recently update or load or add or install anything new to my phone, nor did I drop it hard. Nothing new or different happened, I just decided to restart my phone before bed, and now it doesn't work. The HTC ONE splash pops up, then the AT&T logo appears: Typically it goes through a small animation, but now instead it's just the logo and an animated glare practically indiscernibly moves a couple of pixels across the logo (like it's a lagging GIF). Before the glare moves completely across the logo, the phone restarts and the so does the process.

I can access recovery mode and when I do I get the "Mount attempt 1/2/3/4/5... Unable to mount SD card message". So I guess the only thing left for me to do is try factory reset, but there are a couple files I want off the device if I can manage that. I was hoping to be able to USB plug into my computer into recovery mode and access the storage like a portable hdd but I can't figure out which mode to go into or if its even possible.

Suggestions?

alray
Old
Thanks Meter 1,098

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by koreiryuu View Post
TL ; DR: Splash stuck on restart, "Mount attempt 1/2/3/4/5... Unable to mount SD card message" in recovery mode, need to access storage to retrieve files I'd rather not lose, is there any way to plug into a computer with the device in boot or recovery mode to access my files?

Long verson:
I haven't rooted my phone or downloaded any weird or strange apps. I didn't recently update or load or add or install anything new to my phone, nor did I drop it hard. Nothing new or different happened, I just decided to restart my phone before bed, and now it doesn't work. The HTC ONE splash pops up, then the AT&T logo appears: Typically it goes through a small animation, but now instead it's just the logo and an animated glare practically indiscernibly moves a couple of pixels across the logo (like it's a lagging GIF). Before the glare moves completely across the logo, the phone restarts and the so does the process.

I can access recovery mode and when I do I get the "Mount attempt 1/2/3/4/5... Unable to mount SD card message". So I guess the only thing left for me to do is try factory reset, but there are a couple files I want off the device if I can manage that. I was hoping to be able to USB plug into my computer into recovery mode and access the storage like a portable hdd but I can't figure out which mode to go into or if its even possible.

Suggestions?
do you have a custom recovery installed? If yes you can use adb pull to copy your file to your pc.
If I've helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want a reply, quote or mention me using @alray

Useful links for the HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray View Post
do you have a custom recovery installed? If yes you can use adb pull to copy your file to your pc.
nope, he doesn't the message "Mount attempt 1/2/3/4/5... Unable to mount SD card message" is stock recovery

EDIT: and if he unlocks bootloader using HTCdev, that will completely wipe his phone, I know you know, but the OP probably doesnt

koreiryuu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71 View Post
nope, he doesn't the message "Mount attempt 1/2/3/4/5... Unable to mount SD card message" is stock recovery

EDIT: and if he unlocks bootloader using HTCdev, that will completely wipe his phone, I know you know, but the OP probably doesnt
You're right, I didn't know that.

I just finished going into recovery mode and wiping data/factory reset option anyway, giving up accessing the files I needed, and the same thing is happening. HTC ONE logo, switch to AT&T logo with a laggy glare animation, auto restart and the process restarts again. Is there anything I can do to allievate this problem?