Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

[Q] Unlocking bootloader

OP bboybtek

12th August 2014, 01:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
Hi all! First of all I'm sorry if this has been asked previously but after 3 hours of searching I was unable to find a straight answer and I have tenths of bookmarks opened...

Right so, just got my "new" (used) phone delivered today. 6 months old, currently running stock 4.4.2 with Sense 6.0 under the GiffGaff network. Straight away I went and tried to flash a new ROM onto it (flashed a few roms previously to my HTC Sensation with no problems). So just the usual routine: fastboot > HTCdev > get token ... and here where the first problem occurred. I couldn't get the token as I was getting the following error:
(bootloader) [ERR] Command error !!!
OKAY [ 0.010s]
finished. total time: 0.010s

Restarting the phone/PC didn't help, changing USB debug on/off also didn't help. Fastboot unlock oem command didn't work either as it gave me the same error. So I went and downloaded the Hasoon2000's AIO tool to see if that will work but again no luck. When hitting the "Get Token ID" I get an error that the phone is offline - . - . So I had a little search on the net and found out that maybe it's due to my HBOOT version which is 1.57 and is S-ON . However I have no idea how to change that nor if it'll actually solve my problem and I don't want to do anything outside the box so that I don't get my phone bricked.

Any ideas what might be wrong/what am I doing wrong/solutions? I'm clueless at the moment and about to run out of patience... Any help is more then welcome
12th August 2014, 02:11 PM   |  #2  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 1,178

3,065 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bboybtek

(bootloader) [ERR] Command error !!!
OKAY [ 0.010s]
finished. total time: 0.010s

What was the exact command?

Quote:

changing USB debug on/off also didn't help.

usb debug doesn't matters in bootloader, only in the OS or in recovery for adb commands.

Quote:

Fastboot unlock oem command didn't work either

this command is blocked, so it will not work.

Quote:

So I went and downloaded the Hasoon2000's AIO tool

Hasoon2000 did a great job with his toolkit, but I recommend (and many others) not using toolkits. use fasboot and adb directly from the command window, much better when you are trying to find what doesnt work. Be sure to have the latest sdk on your computer, and latest htc drivers. Also make sure to use 2.0 usb ports, not 3.0

Quote:

What is the output of "fastboot devices" ?

Quote:

So I had a little search on the net and found out that maybe it's due to my HBOOT version which is 1.57 and is S-ON

not sure about that, I really doubt you can't unlock bootloader because of hboot 1.57.

Quote:

Any ideas what might be wrong/what am I doing wrong/solutions?

follow this guide:
The Following User Says Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th August 2014, 02:46 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

11 posts
Thanks for the reply mate. I watched the video again but I had no luck. However, thanks to that video I went and downloaded the huge SDK archive from HTC site. Instead of using the small archive with "essential" files for the adb, I used the one from HTC site (it has many more files in adb folder) and guess what, it worked! O.o Now, I'm very happy that I finally unlocked it but my question now is, why didn't it work with just the "essential" files? All tutorials videos/forum posts etc. mentioned just the 4 files and not the big HTC package so if it wasn't for the fact that I was desperate I don't think I would of ever unlock this biatch...
12th August 2014, 03:38 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

11 posts
Right, instead of creating a new thread I'm just going to ask here. So I successfully unlocked the device and using this video I tried to root the phone. Everything went smoothly, all successful and so on. However when I downloaded the root checker it gives me a message saying the the device is not properly rooted . I then tried with firewater s-off but no luck here either. I've attached the image of how my cmd looks when trying the firewater method. I really thought it's going to be a bit easier to flash this phone... Any advice here guys?

Edit: I just realised that the phone is still S-ON...how did this happen even tho I successfully installed everything that's required...?

Edit2: Tried the temp-root method with firewater but even this doesn't work. I'm getting an error and fail messages (image attached). I think I've run out of ideas here :/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2014-08-12_153709.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (44.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 2014-08-12_155616.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (63.9 KB, 5 views)
Last edited by bboybtek; 12th August 2014 at 03:58 PM.
12th August 2014, 04:30 PM   |  #5  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 1,178

3,065 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Right, instead of creating a new thread I'm just going to ask here. So I successfully unlocked the device and using this video I tried to root the phone. Everything went smoothly, all successful and so on. However when I downloaded the root checker it gives me a message saying the the device is not properly rooted . I then tried with firewater s-off but no luck here either. I've attached the image of how my cmd looks when trying the firewater method. I really thought it's going to be a bit easier to flash this phone... Any advice here guys?

Edit: I just realised that the phone is still S-ON...how did this happen even tho I successfully installed everything that's required...?

Edit2: Tried the temp-root method with firewater but even this doesn't work. I'm getting an error and fail messages (image attached). I think I've run out of ideas here :/

first, why are you trying to s-off? s-off is not required to flash custom roms (except for GPE roms), only an unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery (twrp 2.6.3.3) are needed. You definitively need a fully rooted phone to use firewater and an unsecured kernel would also help. Btw almost all custom roms out here are pre-rooted, so just flash a rom and you'll be fine.

and that video you have linked is very outdated, twrp 2.5.0.0 lol. just flash twrp 2.6.3.3 and then boot in recovery. Quit the recovery and you'll be prompted to install root.

but anyway, is your goal is to flash a custom rom, you don't need to root before, they are all (almost) pre-rooted.
Last edited by alray; 12th August 2014 at 04:34 PM.
12th August 2014, 04:45 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray

first, why are you trying to s-off? s-off is not required to flash custom roms (except for GPE roms), only an unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery (twrp 2.6.3.3) are needed. You definitively need a fully rooted phone to use firewater and an unsecured kernel would also help. Btw almost all custom roms out here are pre-rooted, so just flash a rom and you'll be fine.

and that video you have linked is very outdated, twrp 2.5.0.0 lol. just flash twrp 2.6.3.3 and then boot in recovery. Quit the recovery and you'll be prompted to install root.

but anyway, is your goal is to flash a custom rom, you don't need to root before, they are all (almost) pre-rooted.

I got lost a little bit with all the tutorials I found, that's why I thought I need s-off lol. I know the video is a bit old that's why I used twrp 2.7.1.1 with SU 3.2 . I'm planning on installing ViperOne rom so I'm just going to go ahead and try that and hopefully everything will be working. Thanks again for the reply mate
12th August 2014, 09:55 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 421

1,746 posts
Quote:

I got lost a little bit with all the tutorials I found, that's why I thought I need s-off lol. I know the video is a bit old that's why I used twrp 2.7.1.1 with SU 3.2 . I'm planning on installing ViperOne rom so I'm just going to go ahead and try that and hopefully everything will be working. Thanks again for the reply mate

Make a backup using TWRP first..

Also the file you should have used should be SuperSU-2.02.. but if you are going to flash a new rom, point is moot.
12th August 2014, 10:11 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaHiLzZ

but if you are going to flash a new rom, point is moot.

yeah I've installed a new rom and everything is running perfectly fine! Thanks for the tips chaps!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bootloader, command error, fastboot, htc one, unlocking bootloader
Previous Thread Next Thread