Recognized Contributor
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 2,969

5,986 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC1V

Thank you nkk71
There's no way I can repair it? Jtag is jot an option?

I don't know anything about jtag / riffbox / etc. to be able to give you a decent answer, but if the motherboard if fried, then i don't see how that would/could fix it
5th September 2014, 06:23 PM   |  #22  
OP Member
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 16

39 posts
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71

I don't know anything about jtag / riffbox / etc. to be able to give you a decent answer, but if the motherboard if fried, then i don't see how that would/could fix it

Sorry to continue on about this matter, but do you know anyone who would have experience with jtag / riffbox here on xda?
6th September 2014, 06:37 PM   |  #23  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 2,969

5,986 posts
More
Quote:

Sorry to continue on about this matter, but do you know anyone who would have experience with jtag / riffbox here on xda?

nope, no idea, sorry
18th September 2014, 01:32 PM   |  #24  
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 710

990 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I was running my rom fine an hour ago, until I decided to try and reboot into recovery to make a backup. Instead of recovery, I ended up in bootloader. I then tried to enter recovery through the menu. It rebooted into bootloader and flashed the "3 Skating Androids" in the middle of the screen. I then tried to simply restart, and it did the same. All buttons did this. I then tried to run the RUU, and lock the bootloader from command prompt. I entered "fastboot oem lock", and it returned the following:

Code:
(bootloader) [ERR] Cmd18 polling status timed out, MCI_STATUS: 0x4C2000
(bootloader) [ERR] sdcc_command: sdcc_poll_status error, rc: 2
(bootloader) [SD_HW_ERR] read data fail in CMD18
(bootloader) CMD18: cmd failed
(bootloader) [SD_HW_ERR] SD: Read data fail..
(bootloader) [PG_ERROR] htc_pg_hdr_get(117):
(bootloader)  sd_read_sector error
(bootloader) [PG_ERROR] htc_pg_part_hdr_get(169):
(bootloader)  htc_pg_hdr_get failed
(bootloader) Lock successfully...
(bootloader) mipi display off
(bootloader) mipi_dsi_cmds_tx_ext
(bootloader) pm8921_vreg_disable function, vreg_id = 38
(bootloader) pm8921_vreg_disable function, vreg_id = 1
(bootloader) TZ_HTC_SVC_DISABLE ret = 534642044 (0x1FDDFD7C)
(bootloader) Use PSHOLD to reset device.
FAILED (status read failed (No such file or directory))
finished. total time: 1.094s
I am unable to relock the bootloader, therefore I am unable to return to stock. I can't boot, and I have no way of recovering. I am sick and tired of these situations with my phone. What on earth could I possibly do to fix this ****?!

Unfortunately, this indicates an eMMC failure on this model. I highlighted the area for you that is the indicator. The eMMC chip is your phone's "hard drive" so to speak. It holds the operating system and all user data. It can fail completely, slowly over time (rebooting to start out) or partially as seen here. In this case your bad block areas are located further down the primary booting structure which is still allowing you to power the phone on but do nothing else. At the moment, we don't offer an eMMC replacement on this model but we do offer advanced data recovery or logic board replacement on it.

Good luck and hope this answers your questions! NO MATTER OF FLASHING IS GOING TO FIX IT. So your efforts moving forward need to be geared towards replacement of the logic, or the phone.

-Josh
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bootloader, brick, reboot, recovery, unable
Previous Thread Next Thread