[Q] Won't turn on...

5th July 2014, 02:48 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag DF
Thanks Meter: 8

359 posts
More
Help. I was in a Facebook message conversation and I tried to send a picture from my phone to my friend. When I did so the screen turned black (notification bar was still visible) and nothing would respond, be it the power button, home button, whatever, nothing worked. So I held the power button until it turned off and and then tried to turn it on. It seemed to boot but after the splash screen I just got a black screen. I pressed the power button, the home and back keys flashed for a long while and then it turned off and now it won't turn on. If I plug it into the charger it also won't react, no charge light, nothing. It doesn't even get warm.

Right now I DO NOT have the money to get a new phone so if anyone can help me I'd greatly appreciate it.

Oh, forgot to mention that everything is stock, no roots, no mods, no nothing.
Last edited by solsearch; 5th July 2014 at 03:26 AM.
5th July 2014, 12:27 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2,250

379 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by solsearch

Help. I was in a Facebook message conversation and I tried to send a picture from my phone to my friend. When I did so the screen turned black (notification bar was still visible) and nothing would respond, be it the power button, home button, whatever, nothing worked. So I held the power button until it turned off and and then tried to turn it on. It seemed to boot but after the splash screen I just got a black screen. I pressed the power button, the home and back keys flashed for a long while and then it turned off and now it won't turn on. If I plug it into the charger it also won't react, no charge light, nothing. It doesn't even get warm.

Right now I DO NOT have the money to get a new phone so if anyone can help me I'd greatly appreciate it.

What happens when you press the power button + the volume down button? That should normally bring you into the bootloader. From there you could do a factory reset.
5th July 2014, 12:41 PM   |  #3  
Flag Halesowen
Thanks Meter: 343

1,162 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by solsearch

Plug you phone into the computer, have a look in device manager does it say QHSUSB_DLOAD ?

if so you have a hard brick, theres 1 of 2 things you can do, you can try this and risk voiding your warranty (if its still under warranty......http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2770684

Or you can send it back to where you brought it and have it repaired / replaced.
6th July 2014, 11:54 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag DF
Thanks Meter: 8

359 posts
More
Well, there's no warranty and sending it in would cost me around a hundred dollars in shipping plus the return shipping plus any repairs so that's not really a viable solution. The power button and volume down didn't work. I had actually tried it. Didn't get a chance to try the QHSUSB_DLOAD thing but I doubt it as I had gone through all the updates in sequence and the last one was whenever the Sense 6 update came out so it had been fine for weeks with no hitch.

Yesterday I went to the places that fix phones to see if any of them could help and then suddenly at one of them (the first one wanted me to leave it with them and I didn't feel they were trustworthy enough, the second was about to try to open it without even knowing how so I stopped him before he could break it, the third one wouldn't even look at it and suggested I send it in to the htc repair center which doesn't exist in this country). At the 4th place it miraculously started working but I don't know how long it will keep on that way.

Thanks for the help and the suggestions.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread