Post Reply

[KERNEL]Sense 6/GPE[4.4.x][INTL-SPR-VZW][Synapse][Update:9-10-2014]

Announcement from kairi_zeroblade: Sorry for the delay of updates..alot has happened..currently we are Testing RC's
Yesterday, 10:56 AM   |  #421  
donkeykong1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sesvete, Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 481
 
1,509 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kairi_zeroblade

weird..

Imagine my battery life if it was like Elemental [emoji4]
Oh well, just flashed a new ROM and setting up my phone. Maybe it will sort itself [emoji1]

Powered by non removable 2300 mAh battery
Yesterday, 11:08 AM   |  #422  
kairi_zeroblade's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 877
 
948 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewonsky

Hmm about this battery life extender what does it do anyway . I have set it to 99% . What if it's 100% ?

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app

at 99% it will stop charging..

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeykong1

Imagine my battery life if it was like Elemental [emoji4]
Oh well, just flashed a new ROM and setting up my phone. Maybe it will sort itself [emoji1]

Powered by non removable 2300 mAh battery

you just used EX for an hour??and you were using mine for more than 24hrs..i think you're early to judge about that scenario..use EX for the same way and for the same period as you used mine..that should fairly judge things..

Edit
Updated Screenshots with my daily driver settings..no reboots or whatsoever..though you might be careful with the UV settings..
Last edited by kairi_zeroblade; Yesterday at 12:13 PM.
Yesterday, 11:16 AM   |  #423  
donkeykong1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sesvete, Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 481
 
1,509 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
I ran EX for weeks when I took that screenshot. Seems like your kernel just works harder, but I get a little better battery life with your kernel with better performance. I guess I'll just ignore that and enjoy my phone [emoji4]

Powered by non removable 2300 mAh battery
Yesterday, 05:38 PM   |  #424  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 70
 
545 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by kairi_zeroblade

at 99% it will stop charging..



you just used EX for an hour??and you were using mine for more than 24hrs..i think you're early to judge about that scenario..use EX for the same way and for the same period as you used mine..that should fairly judge things..

Edit
Updated Screenshots with my daily driver settings..no reboots or whatsoever..though you might be careful with the UV settings..

i am at 99% for long time now the led is not turning green, still orange
Yesterday, 06:00 PM   |  #425  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 93
 
507 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2007
Reboots on totally-clean flash with (test) kernel defaults
Quote:
Originally Posted by kairi_zeroblade

can you let it sit for about 20 seconds upon boot??Synapse loads the settings after 15 seconds when successfully booted and HP starts after 20 seconds after boot..as explained in Wiki you might get into a race condition within that window..though once you have a stable setting all follows along..also try to be more careful with undervolt..as i said before you will not get the same undervolt as you had before on your other kernels..my approach from Stratosk's is different with the others here..

Hi there, please understand that I'm talking about a current, completely-stock (albeit rooted and debloated) ROM getting reboots with the default settings of the rc8/bld7 test kernel.. Here's what I did:
  1. Boot to Recovery (TWRP 2.8.0.2)
  2. Full wipe (including boot and system)
  3. Flash stock ROM (m7wlv KitKat v4.4.3: rooted, debloated, odex)
  4. Reboot to system and blast through setup wizard
  5. Use Google Play store to install Synapse (also allowed stock Google & HTC components to be updated)
  6. Power off & boot to recovery (power + volume-down)
  7. Flash kairi kernel reset for m7vzw
  8. Flash test kernel (M7-Verizon-rc8-test-bld7)
  9. Wipe cache + Dalvik
  10. Reboot to system
  11. Let sit for several minutes without touching
  12. Switched between launcher screens and rebooted for good measure (to get you a clean last_kmsg) and again let it set for a while after boot.
  13. Install Tapatalk from Playstore (NOTE: I still haven't opened Synapse for the first time)
  14. Attempt to open Tapatalk and observe black-screen + reboot
At this point I allowed it to finish the reboot and let it sit for several minutes before I opened Synapse for the first time and observed that all 4 cores were actively bouncing as high as 1944MHz and as low as 384. I then used Synapse to capture logcat, dmsg, and last_kmsg logs before exiting Synapse without changing anything or tapping the check-mark that appeared (as if I had made changes that could be applied or saved).

I may have tried to install a couple of other apps (I forget exactly), before the phone suffered another random reboot. Again I repeated the process described in the previous paragraph and sent you both sets of logs from Synapse via gmail.

In summary, we're not yet stable with default test kernel settings on the Verizon m7 - I haven't attempted ANY adjustments to clock speeds, voltages or anything else.

At first I was testing the kernel with my fully-configured ROM & data set, but due to the test kernel issues and reboots that apparently only I was seeing, I went through this completely clean install & test process with a stock ROM and your default settings.
Last edited by bmeek; Yesterday at 06:02 PM. Reason: fix incorrect version reference
Yesterday, 11:39 PM   |  #426  
kairi_zeroblade's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 877
 
948 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewonsky

i am at 99% for long time now the led is not turning green, still orange

its still a WIP feature..but surely charging stops at 99%..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmeek

Hi there, please understand that I'm talking about a current, completely-stock (albeit rooted and debloated) ROM getting reboots with the default settings of the rc8/bld7 test kernel.. Here's what I did:

  1. Boot to Recovery (TWRP 2.8.0.2)
  2. Full wipe (including boot and system)
  3. Flash stock ROM (m7wlv KitKat v4.4.3: rooted, debloated, odex)
  4. Reboot to system and blast through setup wizard
  5. Use Google Play store to install Synapse (also allowed stock Google & HTC components to be updated)
  6. Power off & boot to recovery (power + volume-down)
  7. Flash kairi kernel reset for m7vzw
  8. Flash test kernel (M7-Verizon-rc8-test-bld7)
  9. Wipe cache + Dalvik
  10. Reboot to system
  11. Let sit for several minutes without touching
  12. Switched between launcher screens and rebooted for good measure (to get you a clean last_kmsg) and again let it set for a while after boot.
  13. Install Tapatalk from Playstore (NOTE: I still haven't opened Synapse for the first time)
  14. Attempt to open Tapatalk and observe black-screen + reboot
At this point I allowed it to finish the reboot and let it sit for several minutes before I opened Synapse for the first time and observed that all 4 cores were actively bouncing as high as 1944MHz and as low as 384. I then used Synapse to capture logcat, dmsg, and last_kmsg logs before exiting Synapse without changing anything or tapping the check-mark that appeared (as if I had made changes that could be applied or saved).

I may have tried to install a couple of other apps (I forget exactly), before the phone suffered another random reboot. Again I repeated the process described in the previous paragraph and sent you both sets of logs from Synapse via gmail.

In summary, we're not yet stable with default test kernel settings on the Verizon m7 - I haven't attempted ANY adjustments to clock speeds, voltages or anything else.

At first I was testing the kernel with my fully-configured ROM & data set, but due to the test kernel issues and reboots that apparently only I was seeing, I went through this completely clean install & test process with a stock ROM and your default settings.

its weird you mentioned your phone boots at top speed when i only boot with 1782mhz always..i never changed anything on configs since M7WLS and M7WLV almost has identical kernel configuration..i will send you a non-OC test kernel and lets see if things still spur up..do you happen to have any other scripts on init.d except for the one bundled on mine??
Today, 12:07 AM   |  #427  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 93
 
507 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by kairi_zeroblade

its weird you mentioned your phone boots at top speed when i only boot with 1782mhz always..i never changed anything on configs since M7WLS and M7WLV almost has identical kernel configuration..i will send you a non-OC test kernel and lets see if things still spur up..do you happen to have any other scripts on init.d except for the one bundled on mine??

Well, I never go messing with init.d myself, but taking a look I only see the SuperSUDaemon script.

Happy to try alternate tests, of course. Thanks!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
entropy, hotplug, kairi
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in One Original Android Development by ThreadRank