Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,404 Members 40,079 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD][XPOSED] NFC Icon Remover [HTC One/One X]

Tip us?

lssong99
Old
(Last edited by lssong99; 4th November 2013 at 03:43 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Cool [MOD][XPOSED] NFC Icon Remover [HTC One/One X]

NFC Icon Remover

**You can now get NFC Icon Remover on the Xposed Framework's Download tab. In this way, if I update it, you will get update notice via Xposed framework. However, I will still post the most updated file here once available! **

I just wrote this little App for my own use to remove the ugly (IMHO) NFC icon. With the power of XPosed framework, there are no need to modify the NFC.apk and the Icon is complete GONE.

For those you may not know, the NFC icon appears on HTC One and One X (after Android 2.2 update). This take out the precious space of status bar while looking really ugly.

Please be noted to use this mod, you need XPosed framework by rovo89. You could get the Framework at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1574401

This App has no icon of it's own. Just side load attached NFCIconRemover.apk and enable it in the Xposed Installer then reboot. You will notice the NFC icon will be gone after reboot.

Since this is my first Android app (Actually my last time writing any SW is 20 years ago! Haha!) so feel free to risk your phone by installing this. I am NOT responsible if it anything went wrong after install this mod.

I had only test this on my HTC One X (international version) with MaximusHD 21.1.0 (a very good custom ROM). Please feel free to feedback on this thread and I will try to resolve as much as I could.

If you find this useful, it would be appreciated to push the "Thank" button!

Great thanks go to rovo89 for this fabulous framework!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-10-03-16-47-07.jpg
Views:	1660
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	2299016   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-10-03-16-50-44.jpg
Views:	1476
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	2299017  
Attached Files
File Type: apk NFCIconRemover.apk - [Click for QR Code] (250.8 KB, 367 views)
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to lssong99 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BigBlue007
Old
(Last edited by BigBlue007; 11th October 2013 at 12:04 AM.)
Thanks Meter 13
When I try to install from within xposed framework, I get the following error message:

Package name is incorrect (downloaded: com.lssong.nfciconremover, expected: NFCIconRemover)

Any idea?

edit: Just noticed that manual installation of the .apk works. So more or less a non-issue, but maybe worth solving anyway.

Pawnty
Old
Thanks Meter 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue007 View Post
When I try to install from within xposed framework, I get the following error message:

Package name is incorrect (downloaded: com.lssong.nfciconremover, expected: NFCIconRemover)

Any idea?

edit: Just noticed that manual installation of the .apk works. So more or less a non-issue, but maybe worth solving anyway.
Yeah, I get the same thing happening.

BigBlue007
Old
Thanks Meter 13
As said above, manual installation of the .apk worked fine. The module is now listed in xposed framework, and I could enable it. Unfortunately it's not removing the NFC icon on my device (LG G2).

lssong99
Old
(Last edited by lssong99; 12th October 2013 at 11:02 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Deleted due to double post

lssong99
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue007 View Post
As said above, manual installation of the .apk worked fine. The module is now listed in xposed framework, and I could enable it. Unfortunately it's not removing the NFC icon on my device (LG G2).

Thanks for trying out! I just fixed the download installation issue in the Xposed framework. It should work now... *My Bad*...

As for LG G2 not working... Since I don't have a LG, could you please help by checking if the LG G2's NFC service package name is com.android.nfc? If not, what is the name?

Thanks!

rharta
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi. How can i have the nfc back again? Thanks

the7thson
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Installed, works great, thanks!

lssong99
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by rharta View Post
Hi. How can i have the nfc back again? Thanks
If you want the NFC icon back, just disable this module in XPosed frameworks and reboot. The NFC icon will be back. (uninstalling the module then reboot will do the same trick)
The Following User Says Thank You to lssong99 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SephirothXIIIX
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Do you know if this is supposed to work with the 4.3 update? I've installed the Xposed Framework and enabled the module and rebooted, but I still have the annoying icon.