Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,399 Members 52,174 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Calibrate Laza extended battery

Tip us?

Casey Walt
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default Calibrate Laza extended battery

I just got the rezound and purchased the laza zcell 3240 with it.... Put 4.2.2 ROM on it and drained the battery down.... It won't calibrate. Is there some unknown way to calibrate it

acejavelin
Old
Thanks Meter 475

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Walt View Post
I just got the rezound and purchased the laza zcell 3240 with it.... Put 4.2.2 ROM on it and drained the battery down.... It won't calibrate. Is there some unknown way to calibrate it
What do you mean "calibrate it"... all you can do with "calibration" is delete/wipe the battery stats file and let the OS rebuild it, it doesn't have anything to do with actually draining the battery, just how it is displayed to you and how run-times are calculated. We have known for some time this really does nothing. http://www.androidcentral.com/wiping...oogle-engineer

If something is draining the battery, you have a rouge app that is holding the wakelock or a defective battery or device... install GSAM, BetterBatteryStats, or Wakelock Detector and figure out what it is.
Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on Cricket/Aio (Beanstalk 4.4.4 with hells-Core Kernel)
Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (AICP 6.0 ROM)
Current Tablet: iPad 4 and Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
Other phones "in the family": HTC DNA, HTC One (M7), Motorola Moto G GPE
Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria, HTC Incredible 2, HTC Rezound, Samsung Stratosphere, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nextbook 8P

Casey Walt
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by acejavelin View Post
What do you mean "calibrate it"... all you can do with "calibration" is delete/wipe the battery stats file and let the OS rebuild it, it doesn't have anything to do with actually draining the battery, just how it is displayed to you and how run-times are calculated. We have known for some time this really does nothing. http://www.androidcentral.com/wiping...oogle-engineer

If something is draining the battery, you have a rouge app that is holding the wakelock or a defective battery or device... install GSAM, BetterBatteryStats, or Wakelock Detector and figure out what it is.
Thanks for the response... i just realized after a few charges that it would drain from 100 to about 20% then things would go haywire it would drain so fast after that. I always monitor voltages with the solo battery widget. it would so how a steady drain down to about 3600mv then it would drop to 3400mv very rapidly... I had a droid bionic that would say it was dead at 3900mv then stay charged for many hours after the opposite is happening with this phone.