Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,541 Members 54,065 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Which ROM now that my Rezound is retiring as a game device for my son?

Tip us?

ClockerXP
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Default Which ROM now that my Rezound is retiring as a game device for my son?

Hello,
My Rezound is unlocked and S-OFF. It currently has a Sense ROM on it from a year or so ago on it.

Getting a new phone and my 7 year old will be getting this Rezound to play games on (it has the extended battery). What ROM would be best for his use?

Thanks!

CxP
HP Touchpad - CM11 jscullins
HTC Rezound / S-OFF / (ROM)(4.4.4)(UNOFFICIAL)CyanogenMod 11.0(08-01-14)(GPL)(HYBRID)
Motorola RazrM - Stock
Galaxy S4 - HyperDrive 18.1 - Towl-Rooted with SafeStrap 3.72 as Recovery

pball52998
Old
Thanks Meter 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockerXP View Post
Hello,
My Rezound is unlocked and S-OFF. It currently has a Sense ROM on it from a year or so ago on it.

Getting a new phone and my 7 year old will be getting this Rezound to play games on (it has the extended battery). What ROM would be best for his use?

Thanks!

CxP
Try a kit Kat ROM such as everolv or liquid smooth, CM 11 if you want. If you want sense, try ecliptirez I think it is? It's a great sense 4 ROM. Just depends, do you want sense or AOSP?

Sent from my HTC One M8 running Insert Coin. S-OFF.
Main Phone:
Verizon HTC One M8
Insert Coin And Paranoid Android
Main Wifi Device:
Sensified Locked S3
The Following User Says Thank You to pball52998 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ClockerXP
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Thanks for your feedback. I have no need for Sense so can do without it. For my son I'm looking for something decently stable and with very good battery life (for a Rezound , anyway). It'll have wifi off almost all the time and no cell service. Bluetooth will not be used. He will just use it to play games. Thanks for any suggestions on advance!
HTC Rezound / S-OFF / (ROM)(4.4.4)(UNOFFICIAL)CyanogenMod 11.0(08-01-14)(GPL)(HYBRID)
Motorola RazrM - Stock

acejavelin
Old
Thanks Meter 477

DONATE TO ME
Evervolv, CM11, or any vanilla ROM should be fine... I would avoid feature rich ROMs like LiquidSmooth, Carbon, Tachyon for this application (they are great for roms for use as a phone)
Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on Cricket/Aio (Beanstalk 4.4.4 with hells-Core Kernel)
Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (AICP 6.0 ROM)
Current Tablet: iPad 4 and Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
Other phones "in the family": HTC DNA, HTC One (M7), Motorola Moto G GPE
Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria, HTC Incredible 2, HTC Rezound, Samsung Stratosphere, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nextbook 8P
The Following User Says Thank You to acejavelin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ClockerXP
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Thanks!
Motorola RazrM - Stock

pball52998
Old
Thanks Meter 128
Agreed with @acejavelin they're great ROMs. Look into them. Mainly as ace said try everolv.

Sent from my HTC One M8 running Insert Coin. S-OFF.
Main Phone:
Verizon HTC One M8
Insert Coin And Paranoid Android
Main Wifi Device:
Sensified Locked S3
The Following User Says Thank You to pball52998 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bunchies
Old
Thanks Meter 615

DONATE TO ME
Cm9 was probably the fastest I've seen this device, anything ics based will have smooth graphics and better battery life

\(^-^)/ ... * ROOTED * ... \(^-^)/
Check out my apps
The Following User Says Thank You to bunchies For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

scy1192
Old
(Last edited by scy1192; 7th August 2014 at 12:49 AM.)
Thanks Meter 173
Stick with Sense or as bunchies said, cm9. Personally I'm running ConROM v6, which is basically stock rooted.

If you need something more up-to-date, go with CyanogenMod 10.1.3 (not 10.1.3.1) since it's the fastest and most stable JB/KK ROM still. 10.1.3.1 has a crash in the Settings app and nothing really changed.