Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,814 Members 51,674 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Anyone Want An Unlimited Data Line?...

Tip us?

jrredho
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default Anyone Want An Unlimited Data Line?...

Hey All,

I know this is probably stretching the target subject of this forum (apologies in advance if I'm going too far!), but just in case there are any of you hardcores out there jonesing because you dropped your unlimited-data account so that you could acquire a sweet new phone, and now miss having it...

My daughter just took off to Euroland for an extended time, and we're going to drop her line from our Family Plan. It has unlimited data associated with it. I called VZW to ask about my options a couple of months ago, and one of the options that was mentioned to me was to do what they call a transfer of liability of that line to another person. I don't really know any specifics, such as whether or not you can keep your number, etc. We'll have to figure those out together later.

Since I don't do the personal message thing on this site very regularly, if you want this data line, I'll take requests from the reply order on this thread. We'll go from there.

cheers,
john

acejavelin
Old
(Last edited by acejavelin; 27th August 2014 at 03:19 AM.)
Thanks Meter 468

DONATE TO ME
This would have been the only thing that would have kept on Verizon when I went off over a year ago and switched to pre-paid...

Grrr... you should have booted your daughter out a year ago!!!

BTW, I have had to do this Transfer of Liability before, it is really simple and all features of a line move with it, including any contract obligations. We did this with my sons line a while back from his mother's plan to mine when he was on the double data for 4G plan (4GB for the price of 2) and all the promos followed. This should be a fairly easy process, note that when it is done it will require both parties to be able to speak to the same rep at Verizon... when we did it last I called the rep, then rep called the other person and verified the information, and the whole thing was done in about 15 minutes total.
Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on Cricket/Aio (Beanstalk 4.4.4 with hells-Core Kernel)
Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (AICP 6.0 ROM)
Current Tablet: iPad 4 and Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
Other phones "in the family": HTC DNA, HTC One (M7), Motorola Moto G GPE
Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria, HTC Incredible 2, HTC Rezound, Samsung Stratosphere, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nextbook 8P

jrredho
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by acejavelin View Post
This would have been the only thing that would have kept on Verizon when I went off over a year ago and switched to pre-paid...

Grrr... you should have booted your daughter out a year ago!!!

BTW, I have had to do this Transfer of Liability before, it is really simple and all features of a line move with it, including any contract obligations. We did this with my sons line a while back from his mother's plan to mine when he was on the double data for 4G plan (4GB for the price of 2) and all the promos followed. This should be a fairly easy process, note that when it is done it will require both parties to be able to speak to the same rep at Verizon... when we did it last I called the rep, then rep called the other person and verified the information, and the whole thing was done in about 15 minutes total.
Hey Ace,

Sorry the timing on things didn't work out for you... she's leaving earlier than I want her to as it is.

And thanks for the info on the transfer!

cheers,
john

eagle20g
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrredho View Post
Hey Ace,

Sorry the timing on things didn't work out for you... she's leaving earlier than I want her to as it is.

And thanks for the info on the transfer!

cheers,
john
I might be interested, Pm me if no one else has
G1
My Touch
My Touch Slide
Droid X
Rezound S-OFF

Finially MIUI

ghstrdr1985
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I might be willing to snag that for my wife's account, if still available.
Daily:
HTC Droid ViperDNA 4.1.0
Second Phone:
Motorola W315
Third Phone:
*open*
Tablet:
Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8.9

Retired:
Motorola Barrage
B&N Nook Color (Laid to rest )
HTC Rezound
HTC Thunderbolt
HTC Droid Incredible (x2)
HTC Droid Eris
HTC Ozone
LG Voyager
LG VX8700
LG VX8300
Samsung Gleam
Samsung SCH-U620

I'm a VZW & HTC baby, & probably always will be.
Tags
unlimited-data, verizon