Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,248 Members 37,839 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Phone Displayed HTC Logo And Then Goes To Black Screen

Tip us?

kwilson7770
Old
(Last edited by kwilson7770; 19th August 2014 at 07:09 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Phone Displayed HTC Logo And Then Goes To Black Screen

I installed all of the HTC Rezound KitKat ROMs I could find (at least legit looking ones), but they all have the same symptom. Upon boot, the phone vibrates, it then displays the HTC logo. Once the logo disappears it goes to a black screen and stays there for numerous minutes on end. I eventually get frustrated and pull out the battery. Below is more detailed information:

Bootloader Info:
*** TAMPERED ***
*** UNLOCKED ***
VIGOR PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.28.0000
RADIO-2.23.10.0123r/2.23.10.0124r
OpenDSP-v14.6.0.7708.00.0507
eMMC-boot
Sep 20 2012,17:40:22

Recovery:
ClockwordMod Recovery v6.0.3.1 (touch edition)

ROMs Tried (Verified All MD5 Hashes):
LS-KK-v3.1-OFFICIAL-vigor - LiquidSmooth Latest Stable
LS-KK-v3.2-2014-07-18-vigor - LiquidSmooth Latest Nightly
vanir_vigor_4.4.4.081614 - Latest Vanir
illusion-4.4.4-20140801-vigor-WEEKLY - Latest Illusion
Plain-Andy-4.4.2-vigor - Failed on install

Trying:
Other random ROMs that say are for Rezound

Rom That Did Just Work (Although Not What I Am Looking For Since It Is Jelly Bean)
Liquid-JB-v2.37-OFFICIAL-vigor (in gets past the black screen issue I was having, but it is quite buggy (com.android,phone continuously crashes)
Liquid-JB-v2.12-OFFICIAL-vigor (my ROM before trying to update, works just fine. I installed it so I have a working phone for the time being. It currently has no issues)

acejavelin
Old
Thanks Meter 477

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilson7770 View Post
I installed all of the HTC Rezound KitKat ROMs I could find (at least legit looking ones), but they all have the same symptom. Upon boot, the phone vibrates, it then displays the HTC logo. Once the logo disappears it goes to a black screen and stays there for numerous minutes on end. I eventually get frustrated and pull out the battery. Below is more detailed information:

Bootloader Info:
*** TAMPERED ***
*** UNLOCKED ***
VIGOR PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.28.0000
RADIO-2.23.10.0123r/2.23.10.0124r
OpenDSP-v14.6.0.7708.00.0507
eMMC-boot
Sep 20 2012,17:40:22

Recovery:
ClockwordMod Recovery v6.0.3.1 (touch edition)

ROMs Tried (Verified All MD5 Hashes):
LS-KK-v3.1-OFFICIAL-vigor - LiquidSmooth Latest Stable
LS-KK-v3.2-2014-07-18-vigor - LiquidSmooth Latest Nightly
vanir_vigor_4.4.4.081614 - Latest Vanir
illusion-4.4.4-20140801-vigor-WEEKLY - Latest Illusion
Plain-Andy-4.4.2-vigor - Failed on install

Trying:
Other random ROMs that say are for Rezound

Rom That Did Just Work (Although Not What I Am Looking For Since It Is Jelly Bean)
Liquid-JB-v2.37-OFFICIAL-vigor (in gets past the black screen issue I was having, but it is quite buggy (com.android,phone continuously crashes)
Liquid-JB-v2.12-OFFICIAL-vigor (my ROM before trying to update, works just fine. I installed it so I have a working phone for the time being. It currently has no issues)
Update your recovery to the latest TWRP 2.7.1... Also, you are S-ON, so you need to flash the boot.img seperately via fastboot, you cannot flash it from recovery that is flashed in the device, or you need to boot recovery via fastboot to get the boot.img to flash.
Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on Cricket/Aio (Beanstalk 4.4.4 with hells-Core Kernel)
Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (AICP 6.0 ROM)
Current Tablet: iPad 4 and Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
Other phones "in the family": HTC DNA, HTC One (M7), Motorola Moto G GPE
Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria, HTC Incredible 2, HTC Rezound, Samsung Stratosphere, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nextbook 8P
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to acejavelin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

IAmTheOneTheyCallNeo
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 14,147

DONATE TO ME
What ace said. Your prominent issue is that you are not fastboot flashing your kernel. If you were S=OFF it wouldn't be an issue.

Neo
Forum Moderator

New? | How2XDA | Rules | GPL | Get A Mod | Staff | Apply - RC/RT | Apply - RD | Apply - Mod
New to the HTC One Max? - Check This | Kernel Sources: Vigor | Fireball | Inc | M7 | T6 | M8
The Following User Says Thank You to IAmTheOneTheyCallNeo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kwilson7770
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by acejavelin View Post
Update your recovery to the latest TWRP 2.7.1... Also, you are S-ON, so you need to flash the boot.img seperately via fastboot, you cannot flash it from recovery that is flashed in the device, or you need to boot recovery via fastboot to get the boot.img to flash.
Thanks! I was unaware of this additional step because the last couple of times I flashed ROMs it wasn't required or I was S-Off. I will try this out tomorrow

kwilson7770
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default It works now!

Thanks so much for the advice Neo and Ace. I found this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1752270 and was able to flash the boot.img with no problem. I am currently running Kit Kat!!!!!!

Thanks again!
The Following User Says Thank You to kwilson7770 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]