Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,727 Members 52,377 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is this phone worth it

Tip us?

Balian67
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5

DONATE TO ME
Default Is this phone worth it

Is this phone worth it?

My Options are:

Repair current Motorola Razr M 8 GB cracked screen ($45)
HTC Rezound 16 GB $50-70
Samsung Nexus 32 GB $60

or keep looking/negotiate price on Rezound or Nexus more.

My Nieces requests are

Bigger Screen (if possible, but preferably smaller then 5 in. *Moto G, Nexus*)
Front Facing Camera
Hairline Cracks are ok (if she can get a newer more powerful phone for less)
If you like any of my work/help on IRC feel free to buy me a drink. (Donate Link On Left)

Samsung Galaxy S4 >> CM 11 SnapShot-M9 >> KK4.4.4
Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 >> Carbon Rom >> KK4.4.4

I see the universe. Every waking second, I can see: what is, what was, what could be, what must not. That's the burden of a Time Lord-Dr Who
I am the Lord of my Time....and I see my universe of time....what is happening, what was happening, what could be happening, and what must not happen again.-Me

kcipopnevets
Old
(Last edited by kcipopnevets; 7th September 2014 at 01:48 AM.) Reason: Forgot something
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balian67 View Post
Is this phone worth it?

My Options are:

Repair current Motorola Razr M 8 GB cracked screen ($45)
HTC Rezound 16 GB $50-70
Samsung Nexus 32 GB $60

or keep looking/negotiate price on Rezound or Nexus more.

My Nieces requests are

Bigger Screen (if possible, but preferably smaller then 5 in. *Moto G, Nexus*)
Front Facing Camera
Hairline Cracks are ok (if she can get a newer more powerful phone for less)
I would recommend the Moto G (1st generation) over everything else. It's significantly better than everything you listed, and you will get Android L without having a ROM. Plus, more features, warranty, official support, and it's much faster.

http://swappa.com/buy/moto-g-verizon There's some nice deals on Swappa, why not consider these? Unless you mind prepaid, this is the best deal.
GEETARSANDGEETARSANDGEETARS
Droid MAXX XT1080M("DEV"), KitKat stock, UNLOCKED(!!!!!!!!!) and rooted
GWAR \m/ (-'__'-) \m/

Balian67
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcipopnevets View Post
I would recommend the Moto G (1st generation) over everything else. It's significantly better than everything you listed, and you will get Android L without having a ROM. Plus, more features, warranty, official support, and it's much faster.

http://swappa.com/buy/moto-g-verizon There's some nice deals on Swappa, why not consider these? Unless you mind prepaid, this is the best deal.
I don't mind prepaid but Verizon wont let people use a prepaid phone on a contract unless it has been active on a prepaid account for 6 or more months.
If you like any of my work/help on IRC feel free to buy me a drink. (Donate Link On Left)

Samsung Galaxy S4 >> CM 11 SnapShot-M9 >> KK4.4.4
Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 >> Carbon Rom >> KK4.4.4

I see the universe. Every waking second, I can see: what is, what was, what could be, what must not. That's the burden of a Time Lord-Dr Who
I am the Lord of my Time....and I see my universe of time....what is happening, what was happening, what could be happening, and what must not happen again.-Me

acejavelin
Old
Thanks Meter 471

DONATE TO ME
Go with the Galaxy Nexus for the money, if you are stuck in a contract... I loved my Rezound, but honestly GN is a nice phone as well.

If your not in a contract, why stay with Verizon? I jumped ship from them some time back and couldn't be happier, there are tons of new GSM phones you can get that are quite reasonable and prepaid @ $45 for unlimited talk, text, and data (2.5GB at high speed) is pretty nice.
Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on Cricket/Aio (Beanstalk 4.4.4 with hells-Core Kernel)
Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (AICP 6.0 ROM)
Current Tablet: iPad 4 and Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
Other phones "in the family": HTC DNA, HTC One (M7), Motorola Moto G GPE
Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria, HTC Incredible 2, HTC Rezound, Samsung Stratosphere, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nextbook 8P