Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Android Studio Reaches Release Candidate Status

Android app developers have a few options when comes to Android IDEs. One of the most … more

Connect ALL THE THINGS with Xender

Smartphones, with all of their all connectivity options courtesy of OEMs, can easily connect themselves … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Anyone Want An Unlimited Data Line?...

OP jrredho

26th August 2014, 10:33 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 10

54 posts
Hey All,

I know this is probably stretching the target subject of this forum (apologies in advance if I'm going too far!), but just in case there are any of you hardcores out there jonesing because you dropped your unlimited-data account so that you could acquire a sweet new phone, and now miss having it...

My daughter just took off to Euroland for an extended time, and we're going to drop her line from our Family Plan. It has unlimited data associated with it. I called VZW to ask about my options a couple of months ago, and one of the options that was mentioned to me was to do what they call a transfer of liability of that line to another person. I don't really know any specifics, such as whether or not you can keep your number, etc. We'll have to figure those out together later.

Since I don't do the personal message thing on this site very regularly, if you want this data line, I'll take requests from the reply order on this thread. We'll go from there.

cheers,
john
27th August 2014, 04:15 AM   |  #2  
Flag Bismarck, ND
Thanks Meter: 549

1,820 posts
Donate to Me
More
This would have been the only thing that would have kept on Verizon when I went off over a year ago and switched to pre-paid...

Grrr... you should have booted your daughter out a year ago!!!

BTW, I have had to do this Transfer of Liability before, it is really simple and all features of a line move with it, including any contract obligations. We did this with my sons line a while back from his mother's plan to mine when he was on the double data for 4G plan (4GB for the price of 2) and all the promos followed. This should be a fairly easy process, note that when it is done it will require both parties to be able to speak to the same rep at Verizon... when we did it last I called the rep, then rep called the other person and verified the information, and the whole thing was done in about 15 minutes total.
Last edited by acejavelin; 27th August 2014 at 04:19 AM.
27th August 2014, 06:45 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

54 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acejavelin

This would have been the only thing that would have kept on Verizon when I went off over a year ago and switched to pre-paid...

Grrr... you should have booted your daughter out a year ago!!!

BTW, I have had to do this Transfer of Liability before, it is really simple and all features of a line move with it, including any contract obligations. We did this with my sons line a while back from his mother's plan to mine when he was on the double data for 4G plan (4GB for the price of 2) and all the promos followed. This should be a fairly easy process, note that when it is done it will require both parties to be able to speak to the same rep at Verizon... when we did it last I called the rep, then rep called the other person and verified the information, and the whole thing was done in about 15 minutes total.

Hey Ace,

Sorry the timing on things didn't work out for you... she's leaving earlier than I want her to as it is.

And thanks for the info on the transfer!

cheers,
john
28th August 2014, 01:55 PM   |  #4  
Flag Pennsylvania
Thanks Meter: 11

249 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrredho

Hey Ace,

Sorry the timing on things didn't work out for you... she's leaving earlier than I want her to as it is.

And thanks for the info on the transfer!

cheers,
john

I might be interested, Pm me if no one else has
2nd September 2014, 07:43 PM   |  #5  
Flag Midlothian
Thanks Meter: 8

113 posts
More
I might be willing to snag that for my wife's account, if still available.
3rd October 2014, 01:06 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 82

311 posts
More
Interested if no one comes through .
3rd October 2014, 04:59 AM   |  #7  
OP Member

54 posts
Hey Guys,

I'm sorry to say that after the first few days of near-zero response to my post, which surprised me, I haven't been checking in here regularly to see if there was anyone who was interested.

Boys, you're lined up, if you're still interested, let me know. You both know that, implicit in all of this, is that I'm not expecting anything in return, right?

Give me a shout....

cheers
john
7th November 2014, 12:38 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
data acciunt availble ?
Is the line still available

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
unlimited-data, verizon
Previous Thread Next Thread