Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Failed to install cyanogen cm-11-2014*-icong.zip . Busted my Phone.. Help Urgent!

OP kingsdeb

20th August 2014, 07:29 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 0

20 posts
Hi, I read lots of posts here in xda on how to install custom ROM on my HTC Salsa, lot of times i felt bad as the posts always required my phone to be S-OFF. I couldn't find a nice and easy solution for this.

However somewhere i read that it is not mandatory to have S-OFF and which is when i just started experimenting on my phone.
I did unlock the bootloader from HTC dev . But i still have S-on.
I downloaded some *i9500 custom ROM and copied it to my downloads folder in sdcard. Tried to install the zip from sdcard from my CWM Recovery and it failed always. But then i thought that it could be the problem with image which i downloaded as it is not supported. So then i found one more post for HTC Salsa and downloaded the image from the link given in there.

Here is the link of that post : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2745185
Here is the link from where i downloaded the zip : http://download.androidarmv6.org/_builds/icong/
Here is the image which i downladed : cm-11-20140719-NIGHTLY-icong.zip

After getting into CWM Recovery i tried to install the same and at first it looked that it is going to install but in some time i get some error like

set_metadata_recursive.... error STATUS 7. INSTALLATION ABORTED.

Then i thought i was doing to wrong and as per some post .. i formatted all the /boot /system /sdcard ....partitions listed in CWM.

Now my sdcard is completely formatted .

After i copy my image there and try to install the same :

I get :

--Installing: /sdcard/cm-11-20140719-NIGHTLY-icong.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
E: Error in .sdcard/cm-11-20140719-NIGHTLY-icong.zip
(Status 0)
Installation aborted.

I can't even reboot to my old ROM. .. Not sure if its lost completely. .. Need help urgently.

Please help me recover or reinstall any ROM just for my phone to come back to life again.
Last edited by kingsdeb; 20th August 2014 at 07:36 PM.
20th August 2014, 08:51 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Hyderabad

20 posts
Please help
Please help!!!. I am not sure if my post will die here.
21st August 2014, 07:01 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Leicester
Thanks Meter: 693

1,659 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsdeb

Please help!!!. I am not sure if my post will die here.

If your using the new icong_g CM11 then you require the installation of the new cwm 6 recovery. if you follow the guides correctly then you won't have any issues.
can i ask why you thought about trying a different model phones software on this? it would only cause some serious issues lol.
and to answer the question when u wipe and clean of any data then it will leave the original OS in place unless you flash another then its that one that replaces it
21st August 2014, 08:45 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Hyderabad

20 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBearEvo

If your using the new icong_g CM11 then you require the installation of the new cwm 6 recovery. if you follow the guides correctly then you won't have any issues.
can i ask why you thought about trying a different model phones software on this? it would only cause some serious issues lol.
and to answer the question when u wipe and clean of any data then it will leave the original OS in place unless you flash another then its that one that replaces it

Actually when i tried to install the icong_g CM11 i think it tried to flash but the installation aborted with error 7 as i mentioned earlier and so my old ROM was washed away i guess.
Somewhere i again read i need CWM 5.0.3 and so i tried that as well. Still getting the error.

Where can i find CWM recovery 6 for HTC Salsa.?

What are the mount/unmount options should i follow. Like /system, /data. Should they be mounted or unmounted before installing the zip.
Last edited by kingsdeb; 21st August 2014 at 08:52 AM.
21st August 2014, 10:56 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Hyderabad

20 posts
Please help me solve the problem.

Why i am failing to install the cm-11*icong all the time with error 0. Do i really need to upgrade my CWM recovery from 5.0.3 to 6 ?

Also please help he flash my phone with manual steps.

I am using Fedora 20 for using fastboot and adb.
21st August 2014, 12:50 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Hyderabad

20 posts
Got the link to download the latest recovery image ..Its 6.0.5 from the below link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/devd...4865#downloads

Now i was able to install the custom ROM downloaded from here : http://download.androidarmv6.org/_builds/icong/

Atleast my phone came to life. Thanks to XDA developers.

But the graphics seem too bad. Can we do anything about it?
22nd August 2014, 01:03 AM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Leicester
Thanks Meter: 693

1,659 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsdeb

Got the link to download the latest recovery image ..Its 6.0.5 from the below link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/devd...4865#downloads

Now i was able to install the custom ROM downloaded from here : http://download.androidarmv6.org/_builds/icong/

Atleast my phone came to life. Thanks to XDA developers.

But the graphics seem too bad. Can we do anything about it?

as stated in other post, not a lot you can do about it, u can play with he screen res but it won't do much

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread