Ask a question

No registration required

Solution to battery drainage of CM-11 Android 4.4.4

OP zyetonysmith

16th July 2014, 05:03 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

9 posts
I would like to post solution to Development http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2692278 but I can't because of my new account.

It is the problem of GAPP, you can find the battery usage, Google Service Frame drains the battery a lot because it keeps awaking the device on as long as the phone is switched on.

What I have done to it is:

1. go to directory /system/priv-app delete Velvet.apk (google search is packed in this)
2. go to /system/app delete GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk (this step may not be required if step 1 worked)

and reboot the phone, the drain issue should be gone.

I will still determine this issue is caused by the problem between GAPP and the ROM (May be Kernel), since I have flashed same GAPP to a 4.4.4 ROM with 3.0.16 Kernel http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2530073 and everything worked fine, but sometimes this ROM may lead crashes and followed by a reboot.

Please post this to http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2692278 if my solution works for you and please help others. I love this 4.4.4 ROM with 3.4 Kernel!
Last edited by LenAsh; 13th October 2014 at 09:46 PM. Reason: SP
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zyetonysmith For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th July 2014, 01:58 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 8

27 posts
i did find when i turned syncing off i got a noticeable increase in battery life. i will give this a go and let you know.
1st August 2014, 09:55 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

17 posts
On Viper my batter lasts two days on HTC Sensation, but with new CM11 my battery get drained in 20hrs.. I did now what you have suggested.. will post back to tell if it worked or not.
6th August 2014, 01:50 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

18 posts
More
with those two files deleted, greenified allmost all my installed apps, disabled location, autobrightness on auto, disabled sound for touch ,lock,dialpad, cLock widget from lockscreen removed i got like 1+half day on CM11 roms.
9th October 2014, 05:51 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frkhtc

with those two files deleted, greenified allmost all my installed apps, disabled location, autobrightness on auto, disabled sound for touch ,lock,dialpad, cLock widget from lockscreen removed i got like 1+half day on CM11 roms.

Hello, please how can I remove cLock widget from lockscreen? Thanks
Last edited by Drener; 9th October 2014 at 05:59 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread